ajax webui problems

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

ajax webui problems

Post by abubin »

Here is the place to post error on the new ajax webui. What a cool new interface. Much faster!!

But with new things come the bugs :

1) when add chinese/japanese torrents, the UI doesn't show the characters properly. Perhaps not using UTF-8?
magnoman

Re: ajax webui problems

Post by magnoman »

2) create and add torrents on ajax page not working on
ubuntu 8.10 server.

i get screen up to choose folders ect but no files show in box area and when i goto browse
to add it gives an error and dissapears with a trace back error in webui console .

see http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=13555 for more info..

firefox 2.x tested ..no joy :(
firefox 3.x tested no joy :o
classic normal theme load torrents into deluge and functions normally :D
gamerzz
New User
New User

Post by gamerzz »

I did'nt found a way on the ajax ui to choose the file directory when adding a torrent. Maybe It's time for me to go sleep :roll:
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

will the UTF-8 issues be fixed b4 full version? Cause I really need this a I am doing a lot of chinese/japanese torrents. Currently I am back to using old white gui.
damoxc
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by damoxc »

Hi, could you provide me with the torrents that are causing you the trouble, as I just made a torrent with japanese characters in the name and it appears just fine.

solexious
New User
New User

Post by solexious »

Hello,

One thing that I would love and is the last checkbox to tick before moving fron vuse is selecting labels for torrents in the webui. Have I just missed it, and if not Is there planns to addit or is it label addon's problem to sort out?

Thanks

Sol
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

There are no problems displaying the characters in torrent list.

But during the time I add them, the characters does not display properly,

edit:
This also happen in 1.1.0 release.

abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

updated to 1.1.0 release and still getting same problem. See image above.
Trahloc
New User
New User

Post by Trahloc »

I'm having a different ajax webui problem vs the previous posters japanese/chinese character issue but I thought this post was a good place to put it should someone search for an answer later.

Background: I'm running freebsd 7.2 amd64 and added deluge 1.1.9 from the ports collection, installed great. Works beautifully btw *much* better than rtorrent which with 1/5 of the torrents was using 7gb of ram and the creator has no interest in fixing that bug on bsd platforms.

Problem: When I try adding a torrent and select the file option and then browse the add window exits with no error on the webpage. I looked at my ssh window and saw this pop up on the screen though:

Code: Select all

# Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/webapi.py", line 310, in wsgifunc
    result = func()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/request.py", line 131, in <lambda>
    func = lambda: handle(inp, fvars)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/request.py", line 61, in handle
    return tocall(*([x and urllib.unquote(x) for x in args] + fna))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge/ui/webui/page_decorators.py", line 87, in deco
    return func(self, name) #check_session:ok
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge/ui/webui/json_api.py", line 258, in POST
    tmp_file = open(path, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/tmp/'

[ERROR   ] 13:54:48 json_api:75 JSON-error:local variable 'metadata' referenced before assignment:local variable 'metadata' referenced before assignment
Adding torrents via the url option works fine. Similiar issue happens when I try to move a torrent, I right click, select move source and nothing happens on the webpage, for what its worth heres a paste of the error I get when trying that:

Code: Select all

# Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/webapi.py", line 310, in wsgifunc
    result = func()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/request.py", line 131, in <lambda>
    func = lambda: handle(inp, fvars)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge/ui/webui/lib/webpy022/request.py", line 61, in handle
    return tocall(*([x and urllib.unquote(x) for x in args] + fna))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge/ui/webui/lib/static_handler.py", line 47, in GET
    raise Exception('file not found:%s' % path)
Exception: file not found:/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge/ui/webui/templates/ajax/static/themes/classic/menu_bg.jpg
Any help would be appreciated since I can't code my way out of a wet paper bag. Keep up the awesome work, this just became my primary torrent program.
Trahloc
New User
New User

Post by Trahloc »

Hello,

2nd ajax issue I ran across. A tracker that got added isn't resolving a hostname but staying as an IP. That would be fine except that it keeps adding itself, for example.

Tracker Host

192.168.1.5 (6)
resolved1.tracker.com (3)
resolved2.tracker.com (5)
192.168.1.5 (6)
192.168.1.5 (6)
etc...

It'll keep doing this every few seconds and will continue forever from my guess. Once again I'm running FreeBSD 7.2 amd64, installed via ports, forgot to mention before that i used the WITHOUT_PYGTK=yes option in make.conf