Torrent pauses after 3 minutes of running

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
fearpi

Torrent pauses after 3 minutes of running

Post by fearpi »

I have a torrent here that keeps pausing itself for no apparent reason. It is the only torrent that is running in deluge. I'll check every so often and find that the torrent's progress bar says "Paused", yet the "Start/Pause" button is a pause (||) symbol. I have to click it to set it to paused (play icon) and then again to resume downloading. I have in the meantime used other torrents on the same tracker with no problem. The problematic torrent has 7 seeders and 7 peers showing in deluge (however, the site and other applications show far more - nearly one hundred of each). It also has many files in it, about 150. The interval between resuming the torrent and it pausing itself seems to be highly variable - I have recorded as low as 3 minutes to as high as 15 or more. I am using a properly forwarded port. Please let me know if other information would be helpful in diagnosing and solving the problem.
eentonig

Re: Torrent pauses after 3 minutes of running

Post by eentonig »

I have a similar issue.

Running Deluge 0.5.1 from Ubuntu packages. Last night I paused a torrent after 51% and wanted to restart this today. It starts nice, but after a few seconds goes back to paused. While the Start/Pause button remains on paused.
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Post by zachtib »

eentonig wrote:I have a similar issue.

Running Deluge 0.5.1 from Ubuntu packages. Last night I paused a torrent after 51% and wanted to restart this today. It starts nice, but after a few seconds goes back to paused. While the Start/Pause button remains on paused.
is your filesystem full by chance?
Former Deluge Developer
cyberluk

Post by cyberluk »

I'm having a same issue :-( with Deluge 0.5.3 from Fedora 7 repository on EXT3 filesystem with 10 GB of free space...the first two files were downloaded without any problems, but now it's pausing and resuming everything :( . I've tried downloading of 10 different files with compact storage allocation on and off, several settings, different ports and restarts - nothing works! :-( Azureus is slow and bad, BitTorrent doesn't have features I need and Deluge does this. Help me please! I'm going to try some testing version...
74k3n

Post by 74k3n »

Aha Found the cause of this!

I just had this issue with the torrent from here: http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=1794
Now i played around with every setting but found as soon as i disabled uTorrent-PEX it stopped. No more constant pausing (mine was happening every 10 seconds or so on the above torrent......for some reason all other torrents are fine, even from the same tracker).

Actually this was the reason i was looking on the forum but found the cause myself anyway >_<

Hope this helps :lol:

Edit: Forgot to mention i'm on fedora 7 i386 / Deluge 0.5.3
uPNP: on
Prefer to encrypt the entire stream: On, Level: Full Stream
Mainline DHT: on
Nat-PMP: on
uTorrent-PEX: off <--- though this seems fine with some torrents :/

I have roughly 700gb free space using ext3 so i doubt that is related (i'm using full allocation btw - i like to be able to select the files after adding the torrent :P)

Edit 2:
Okay so turning uTorrent-PEX worked for the previous torrent but now i'm getting it with another totally unrelated torrent. If anyone has any ideas i'd be willing to try out whatever i need to to help you trace the issue.