Proxy Server "Anonymizing Browser" Down

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
magnetik
New User
New User

Re: Proxy Server "Anonymizing Browser" Down

Post by magnetik »

MoJo wrote:Instead of just removing a plugin, why not just enhance it a bit? The idea is good, so why not still allow a Proxy, and allow a user to configure there own Web Proxy rather than the one being provided. Deluge already has a setting for Web Proxies, can't we tie that into the Browser?
+1. I run a web proxy on my personal serv to use it at college, and I think many users can do the same. Add an option to select the web proxy with a first selection out of the box is, imo, a great idea !
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

magnetik wrote:
MoJo wrote:Instead of just removing a plugin, why not just enhance it a bit? The idea is good, so why not still allow a Proxy, and allow a user to configure there own Web Proxy rather than the one being provided. Deluge already has a setting for Web Proxies, can't we tie that into the Browser?
+1. I run a web proxy on my personal serv to use it at college, and I think many users can do the same. Add an option to select the web proxy with a first selection out of the box is, imo, a great idea !
too late, it's over and done with. if it was important to you, you should've supported us and then requested it.
MoJo

Post by MoJo »

To be honest you cannot achieve 100% full support in the span of about 2-3weeks ... that is how long it was out before being shelved. These things take time, if anything this type of feature should have been slowly eased in. Maybe first you should of just made a plugin where there was an internal browser, then tie it in with a setting for a user added proxy, then later an ad supported fully anonymized proxy connection. The intention was there but the approach was all wrong. I did support, I clicked on those AD's from time to time ... and I can see it from your perspective, but try to see it from a users perspective. To put it simply, I like all that WASTE stands for; it was the last open free client from Nullsoft before AOL fully wedged there claws in ... but I don't use WASTE, get it?

I can see that it can be configured by doing "about:config" in the browser, but after every startup it has to be reset ... that is a bummer.
nargh

Post by nargh »

markybob wrote:
johnnyg wrote:
markybob wrote:yes, i pulled the plugs. even though many thousands actually used the service, only a very, very, *very* few supported us with the ads. to those who did, i thank you very much :-) i'm sorry i couldnt afford to keep it up.
sorry to hear that, are you much out of pocket?
should've checked my math before posting...in the hole around $1000 :( that's life sometimes, i guess.
Ouch.

Have you considered fund-raising?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

nargh wrote:Have you considered fund-raising?
not really. we have donation buttons, for those who feel like giving...but asking for money just seems wrong :?
nargh

Post by nargh »

Sure, there's a thing about 'begging'... don't get me wrong:

People tend to feel more like giving if they know there's a need... especially if, technically, they caused it.
As it is now, many users will just complain about the feature being gone.. never realizing what impact it had.
hmely
New User
New User

Post by hmely »

In previus version vith browser it commercials work only 1day (to be active!!!!). The slider left-right didn't work at all ! Maybe this is the issue ?! I think there must be a note to popap with information why to click to get the benefit to help to work the server!!? Becouse people with less nolege didn't now why clicking! That's my opinion. The idea Bit client with anon-browser it's great and hope to go along with it! Nice work so far gays! You are the first and I hope you to go as far as utorrent!