Preferences not saved / DeprecationWarning

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
whizse
New User
New User

Preferences not saved / DeprecationWarning

Post by whizse »

Hi,

I get this error when starting Deluge 0.5.1.1 on a Debian unstable system (using the debian package from unstable),

/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/deluge/core.py:723:
DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float
PREF_FUNCTIONS[pref](self.get_pref(pref))

Deluge seems to work okay, with the exception of some preferences not being saved. At least download location and enable system tray icon are affected.

I made sure to remove the old settings (~/.config/deluge) and purge the old package before installing 0.5.1.

This is also reported as a bug against the package, in case it's specific to Debian.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Preferences not saved / DeprecationWarning

Post by markybob »

whizse wrote:Hi,

I get this error when starting Deluge 0.5.1.1 on a Debian unstable system (using the debian package from unstable),

/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/deluge/core.py:723:
DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float
PREF_FUNCTIONS[pref](self.get_pref(pref))

Deluge seems to work okay, with the exception of some preferences not being saved. At least download location and enable system tray icon are affected.

I made sure to remove the old settings (~/.config/deluge) and purge the old package before installing 0.5.1.

This is also reported as a bug against the package, in case it's specific to Debian.
the enable system tray was our fault and it's fixed in svn. the saved preferences thing is a bug in debian. it's actually saved properly in your pref file, so downloads do get saved there, but it gets reset in the UI every time you open up the preferences.
whizse
New User
New User

Post by whizse »

Thank you for the fast reply :)

The fix for the system tray is changeset 668, right? Are there any plans for a new minor release, or will this have to wait for 5.2?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

whizse wrote:Thank you for the fast reply :)

The fix for the system tray is changeset 668, right? Are there any plans for a new minor release, or will this have to wait for 5.2?
unfortunately it's not really up to me...hopefully in not too long :) and yes, it was 668
Naloj

Post by Naloj »

The problem comes from a change in Deluge that makes it use a python module named "core" instead of a previous one called "deluge".

The solution is to edit the config file ~/.config/deluge/persistent.state and to replace all the occurences of "ideluge.deluge" by "ideluge.core". Doing so, you'll keep all your previous torrents. ;)
zeppelin

Post by zeppelin »

Max Simultaneous active torrents can not be saved on my deluge (svn 727 / FC 6)
whizse
New User
New User

Post by whizse »

Naloj wrote: The solution is to edit the config file ~/.config/deluge/persistent.state and to replace all the occurences of "ideluge.deluge" by "ideluge.core". Doing so, you'll keep all your previous torrents. ;)
I removed all my old settings, so persistent.state already says ideluge.core.
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Post by zachtib »

whizse wrote:Thank you for the fast reply :)

Well, we now have a 0.5.2 RC out, so the wait shouldn't be that long.

At this point, there's not much point in a 0.5.1.2 release
Former Deluge Developer