Deluge don't keep my download preferences

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
fs3rp4
New User
New User

Deluge don't keep my download preferences

Post by fs3rp4 »

Yo!

I'm using deluge 0.5.8 with Ubuntu 7.10. Installed from a package downloaded from your page.

The default download preferences is my /home but I want to change it. The program accept the change but when I open again the the preferences download page the "Store all downloads in" preference return to default.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!!!
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge don't keep my download preferences

Post by markybob »

fs3rp4 wrote:Yo!

I'm using deluge 0.5.8 with Ubuntu 7.10. Installed from a package downloaded from your page.

The default download preferences is my /home but I want to change it. The program accept the change but when I open again the the preferences download page the "Store all downloads in" preference return to default.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!!!
this is a gtk bug in ubuntu. http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=497770
fs3rp4
New User
New User

Post by fs3rp4 »

Can I solve this using something different in "preferences/other/Open folder with"?

Now I'm using "xdg-open", and tried nautilus. Same issue.

Maybe using custom?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

fs3rp4 wrote:Can I solve this using something different in "preferences/other/Open folder with"?

Maybe using custom?
no. those are totally unrelated things. deluge does save what you select, the only problem is that when you open preferences again, it might show something different, so you'll need to reset it, because when you ok out of preferences, whatever was selected will be saved. in short, deluge saves whatever is in the box, even if you reopen it and it shows something different. thank ubuntu for me.
fs3rp4
New User
New User

Post by fs3rp4 »

markybob wrote:
fs3rp4 wrote:Can I solve this using something different in "preferences/other/Open folder with"?

Maybe using custom?
no. those are totally unrelated things. deluge does save what you select, the only problem is that when you open preferences again, it might show something different, so you'll need to reset it, because when you ok out of preferences, whatever was selected will be saved. in short, deluge saves whatever is in the box, even if you reopen it and it shows something different. thank ubuntu for me.
:)

Thanks for your help!