but whatever changes i do there i do not see any difference

Deluge version 1.3.15 on OS win10
"You laugh at me that I am different, I laugh at you that you are all the same"
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Ratio and Upload does not report properly

Post by shamael »

What tells you the tracker the torrent originated from?
seven
New User
New User

Post by seven »

shamael wrote:What tells you the tracker the torrent originated from?

i don't understand your question.

are you asking about the source, that Deluge is downloading from ?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Yes. The 1st screen is deluge, the second comes from the torrent tracker page?
If positive with a Deluge counter above the torrent website, do you have options like DHT etc. enabled in preferences>network>network extras?

If the torrent is marked as private (when making it) it should not be a problem. If it isn't the case DHT for example enables sharing outside private tracker and may be a source of your issue. For my setup all network's extra are disabled (I'm not using upnp but it can be checked if you do) and the counters perfectly match for all items I just checked.
seven
New User
New User

Post by seven »

yes, that is a private tracker, and all those function like DHT are enabled, but because is private, the tracker will disable them anyway
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

You're right, on a private tracker it should be disabled and you can easily check by selecting the torrent in Deluge and under the tab "option>general" private should be ticked. I disable the option anyway in Deluge in case the option private was not set during the creation.

As said for me I have a perfect match when I compare Deluge and counters on trackers. I see however maybe another option: does your tracker have uptime issue? Never seen an error in Deluge, tracker down or similar? The tracker website is update by Deluge about the amount to Gb uploaded to other members. If the tracker is down when Deluge send the announce I guess the counters may be wrong.
seven
New User
New User

Post by seven »

i dont know if at that time tracker had any downtime problems but even so i will guess then that will upload the proper information, i use with speed.cd, don't know maybe they do have some conflicts, at this point i did go back to my old torr program since this one is not working properly at least not for me
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

In fact no, if the update announce is lost then the last 30 min (most of time) counters will never appear on the site. I'm not member of this tracker so cannot tell if this is the case or not. I'm not convinced the issue is on the Deluge side here, have you checked the torrent files concerned and the "private" flag? Maybe disable DHT in Deluge (and all except upnp if you're on private trackers) and give a try to a new download to see if it makes the difference.
seven
New User
New User

Post by seven »

disabling or enabling DHT has no effect, i noticed that this happen after i seed for 24 hours and i turn of the computer, if i start the computer next day and start to seed again will not report, properly, and there is no limit on how much time set in deluge to seed or any ratio restriction, this happen on latest version and above and i am pretty sure is not from tracker since Bitorrent client has no problems, also noticed that torrents seeded with deluge are not removed after i close the client, take up to 10-20 minutes sometime , while on Bitorrent are removed from the tracker list with 2 minutes or less