Tracker banned by IP filter

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
moreje
New User
New User

Tracker banned by IP filter

Post by moreje »

Please can anyone explain me why I see this message for some torrents: "tracker banned by IP filter" and why downloads/uploads continue to occur if tracker is banned?
Thank you for your help
Moreje
DjLegolas

Re: Tracker banned by IP filter

Post by DjLegolas »

moreje wrote:Please can anyone explain me why I see this message for some torrents: "tracker banned by IP filter"
If my assumption is correct, in case of having the BlockList plugin enabled and configured with a ban list, it will block all IPs in the list.
If the tracker's IP is in that list, it will get banned.
moreje wrote:and why downloads/uploads continue to occur if tracker is banned?
Does Peer Exchange, LSD or DHT enabled? Those settings allow a p2p connection directly, without the need of a tracker. Usually, all should be disabled when working with private trackers.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

The assumption of DjLegolas seems right for me, check the blocklist or disable it for a short time (over the tracker update time, let's say 1h).

About the download still running if anyone had the time to reach your ip (a leecher) prior the blocking the peer to peer will continue but tracker updatr will failed. For a private tracker it hurts...also have you check the number of tracker for a torrent? Maybe you have multiple tier/tracker for each torrent so you see the message for only a part of them blocked. If only one tracker is present (contextual menu on a torrent and "edit trackers") this does not apply
moreje
New User
New User

Post by moreje »

thank you for your tips!