Setting

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
guynoirnpr
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Win 10

Setting

Postby guynoirnpr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:41 pm

I have used deluge for about 6 months and it seems to be a very good torrent application. However, I have a new problem that seems to have cropped up since I updated to Win 10 Creators Edition (1703). The Incoming Ports selection seems to be unusable anymore. I have to open up to port(s) that I am using for Torrents and any other program that uses non-standard ports in my router. It was always a little bit of a problem before getting the proper port opened up and having Deluge acknowledge it by hitting the "Test Active Port" button in Edit -> Preferences -> Network tab, but I was always able to get a stable port eventually. That is no longer the case. If I select Random Port the Apply button would always select a different port, now it will select one or two random ports and then stop selecting ports. If I turn off Random port and try to put a port selection in the boxes and hit apply then the selected por appears to be random again and seldom the port that I put in the Port fields. If I dismiss the Network tab and then bring it back up the port will be changed again. No time if I select the Test Active Port will I get the Green light. So I don't know what to do other than going back to before the Creators Edition.

On a related topic, it would be nice if the port was opened by UPnP since I would not have to keep changing the Port on my router manually.

mhertz
Leecher
Leecher
OS or Distro: Arch Linux

Re: Setting

Postby mhertz » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Random incoming ports aren't a good idea for a couple of reasons, and is removed in next version I believe, so remove port randomization and choose a single port-number(not range) to place in both boxes and foreward it in your router if UPNP dosen't work. Are you saying that you've done this too, with still random ports chosen? A screenshoot would help then

guynoirnpr
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Win 10

Postby guynoirnpr » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:53 am

Here is a screen shot attached to this post.
2017_06_19_00_42_58_Preferences.jpg
2017_06_19_00_42_58_Preferences.jpg (64.78 KiB) Viewed 894 times

hrip6
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Debian

Postby hrip6 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:27 am

guynoirnpr wrote:If I select Random Port the Apply button would always select a different port, now it will select one or two random ports and then stop selecting ports. If I turn off Random port and try to put a port selection in the boxes and hit apply then the selected por appears to be random again and seldom the port that I put in the Port fields.

I recall this in my mind as I has been in your situation somehow. I found that it has something to do with permissions but not sure how to fix it. At that time, I didn't have much torrents so I decide to go for a clean re-install. Have you find the way to solve your problem?
Image Patreon: http://patreon.com/deluge_cas
Image Contact me: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=129152

Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke
OS or Distro: Ubuntu 16.04

Postby Cas » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:47 am

In deluge 1.3 you will need a small range of incoming ports to workaround the possibility that one port is in use and deluge cannot bind to it.

Return to “Support”