Uncontrollable uploading

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jhugyftdrse

Uncontrollable uploading

Post by jhugyftdrse »

How can I get Deluge to stop a torrent when it finishes downloading? It just does not seem to honour the numbers that should make it stop.

The share ratio, seed time ratio and seed time are all zero. The stop seeding box will not take a number smaller than 0.50, though I have unticked that option. I have only just changed the queue setting to have zero active seeds going, and so maybe that will trigger the correct behaviour? But with other things set such that it means no seeding, why would it still seed?

I have also seen the program uploading when the upload controls are all set to zero. This activity has been shown on the Status tab, not just overhead in the Peers tab.

I am using the version of Deluge from Debian Squeeze's repositories, 1.2.3, and it does look somewhat old. Have the things I am mentioning been addressed?

Cheers
Shryp

Re: Uncontrollable uploading

Post by Shryp »

Yea, first thing I would try is updating that. You could build it from the source code or maybe try the Ubuntu PPA. Not sure if that will work on Debian or not. The best thing to do would be build Deluge and libtorrent from the source codes, then you will have the newest versions of everything.