Unfinished files?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
IanKoro

Unfinished files?

Post by IanKoro »

I've noticed something odd. When I'm downloading a torrent with multiple files, sometimes only some of the files will show up in the unfinished folder. I'll see in the client that I've finished downloading some of the files, but they're nowhere to be found. Not in the unfinished folder, nor in the finished one. I can view other files from the torrent that have finished (or even partly finished), but not others.

Any idea where they might be?
loki

Re: Unfinished files?

Post by loki »

Could be chunks of the files that say they are finished are part of a bigger file chunk that isn't completed yet? Or it's still in cache.
Once the entire torrent finishes these invisible files appear? If so, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
IanKoro

Re: Unfinished files?

Post by IanKoro »

Well, it's not that I'm worried, I know that they'll appear when its done, but I don't think its the chunks, because it seems to be certain directories will have contents and others won't until the whole torrent is done, even though their files are clearly finished.

I'm currently downloading a massive collection of comics that's taking ages, and I can read a bunch of them, but there are dozens t hat are 100% finished, yet are hidden away until the whole torrent is done. I know it's not a huge problem, but I am wondering what's going on with them in the meantime. I've searched my entire drive for files with similar names... and obviously it's not storing several gigs of files in RAM for weeks on end.