New User
New User

Getting RC8 source to run

Post by zaxxon »

Hija,

I try to get RC8 to fly on my 10.5.4

Compiling went without too many hitches after I followed these items :

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... ext#p39645

The daemon starts without a hitch. The web-interface threw an error so I had to add an export PYTHONPATH="/opt/local/lib/python2.5".

Now the web-interface balks at

<CODE>
sh-3.2# /usr/local/bin/deluge -u web
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/deluge", line 5, in <module>
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 2555, in <module>
working_set.require(__requires__)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 620, in require
needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 518, in resolve
raise DistributionNotFound(req) # XXX put more info here
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: deluge==0.9.08
sh-3.2#
</CODE>

I tried to add the path to the egg in deluge.pth as per http://filodej.blogspot.com/2008/08/wmu ... t-iii.html

but still the very same error. Can someone point me to the point where I can unravel the knot in my head?

thanks a lot
simon
Sal

Re: Getting RC8 source to run

Post by Sal »

Could you please write a guide on how to get it to work at all? I've build stuff before but every time I try to build this program It fails with various errors, can't seem to figure out how to do it. I can't really help with your web-interface problem, though, sorry. I don't really care about having a web interface though and would really like to run Deluge. If you could please write a guide for all of us people having problem even building the program to begin with that would be great! :mrgreen:
Yuki
New User
New User

Re: Getting RC8 source to run

Post by Yuki »

Agreed, a write up would be nice for those of us who can't get it running at all.