sudo port install deluge on the top of a tree

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
nise81

sudo port install deluge on the top of a tree

Post by nise81 »

That seemed to be simple if there wouldn't be a tree of dependencies I am hardly able to manage within a limited time frame:

following dependencies failed to build: dbus-python25 dbus dbus-glib glib2 py25-gobject python25 py25-numeric py25-gtk gtk2 atk cairo fontconfig freetype render xrender pango Xft2 xorg-xproto xorg-util-macros libglade2 py25-cairo py25-xdg py25-zlib

So I could figure out the right order of that packages inclusiv their own dependencies and try port install with all of them but isn't there a easier way? I mean one port which includes all or at least all most the packages?

Please help. Installing all that packages takes ages ...
ubrgeek

Re: sudo port install deluge on the top of a tree

Post by ubrgeek »

Completely agree. I understand that Deluge isn't for the 'average' user, but I kind of don't consider myself to be one. I'm comfortable with command prompts, apt-get, fink, etc. But I also have problems getting Deluge to install from mac port or from source. The list of dependencies that aren't around by default is ridiculously large. A better wrapper of some sort (and yeah, I'm biased: I'd love a Mac port) would really help with getting Deluge the kind of usage that it deserves...