PLEASE HELP - Deluge not working in High Sierra, but WORKS with Sys. Integrity Protect. OFF

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
artistsketch

PLEASE HELP - Deluge not working in High Sierra, but WORKS with Sys. Integrity Protect. OFF

Post by artistsketch »

Hi everyone,

Please help me if you can. I've been using Deluge with Sierra on my Mac for a long time and it worked fine. Every time I opened it, I got the 'Allow / Deny incoming connections' window; I'd click 'Allow' and then Deluge opened and ran fine. This happened every time, even though I enabled incoming connections in Mac Sys. Pref. Firewall settings.

A few weeks ago I updated to High Sierra OSX 10.3 - Deluge continued working fine for a week. Then for some reason, it stopped working - I open Deluge and for a fraction of a second I see the 'Allow / Deny Incoming Connections' dialog box, then that box disappears. Deluge's main window is left open, but won't start the service or connection, and doesn't even list my previous downloads (the main Deluge window is empty).

I used Mac Recovery Mode to TURN OFF SYSTEM INTEGRITY PROTECTION (csrutil disable), rebooted and Deluge WORKS FINE. I turned Sys. Integrity Protec. back on and Deluge isn't working again. So obviously something with System Integ. Protec. is blocking Deluge from working. I've checked the Mac Firewall settings and there's no button to 'Allow' Deluge or any other program. What can I do? Thanks very much for any help, and let me know if you want me to post any logs, etc.

Adam
Shadallark

Re: PLEASE HELP - Deluge not working in High Sierra, but WORKS with Sys. Integrity Protect. OFF

Post by Shadallark »

Hi Adam;

I looked into the issue a bit today as I am also running into this issue starting a few days ago when I let the latest update to High Sierra be installed. Looking at the security setting in the System Preferences I see that they no longer have the option to accept applications that are not signed by a developer. Therefore, we need someone who is registered with Apple as a developer to compile the code and make it available to everyone.

I am registered with Apple as a developer but am not sure that I can figure out how to compile the code properly. If someone has some time to help me with the process of compiling the code I have already cloned the 1.3-stable git repository and would be willing to give it a try.

Have a great day everyone!

Shadallark

Running Deluge daemon on a Raspberry Pi but using the Mac OS X user interface on a MacBook Pro running OS X High Sierra (macOS 10.13 (17A405)).
Running Deluged v2.0.x on a Raspberry Pi 3b running Raspian (Debian Buster) with a Mac OSX Thin Client.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: PLEASE HELP - Deluge not working in High Sierra, but WORKS with Sys. Integrity Protect. OFF

Post by Cas »

If you can sign the app that would be helpful

Details: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Deve ... kaging/OSX
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Also have read all the details about unsigned apps and gatekeeper:

https://www.howtogeek.com/205393/gateke ... y-default/
Shadallark

Post by Shadallark »

Cas wrote:If you can sign the app that would be helpful

Details: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Deve ... kaging/OSX
Hi Cas;

Thanks for the instructions. I will dig into it and see what I can do in the next few weeks. Looks like I will need to start by installing jhbuild.

Thanks for the following:
Cas wrote:Also have read all the details about unsigned apps and gatekeeper:

https://www.howtogeek.com/205393/gateke ... y-default/
As it will be a while before I get around to creating the signed app I followed the instructions at that link and got Deluge running again (I had to delete my copy and install a new one before the option would come up but it works now).

Thanks.
Running Deluged v2.0.x on a Raspberry Pi 3b running Raspian (Debian Buster) with a Mac OSX Thin Client.