Seeding but not uploading

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
DirkA520

Seeding but not uploading

Post by DirkA520 »

I found some informaton on this by searching around the forums but I am a very new user and I am incredibly green when it comes to torrent technology so a lot of what I was reading didn't make any sense to me since the people discussing it had more knowledge than me. I just recently switched to Deluge at the recommendation of a friend when he invited me to a private tracker page. I am trying to fulfill my ratio by seeding but I am never uploading. One of the torrents has been uploaded a little bit sporadically but most of them are not doing anything. I have scrubbed the FAQ for optimal settings for Deluge and I have made sure that UPnP is active on my router (per the FAQ section) but my torrents are just seeding with no connections still. I keep turning off the "auto-managed" selection but it is always being reactivated and I'm not sure about why that is happening either. What might I be doing wrong?
Shryp

Re: Seeding but not uploading

Post by Shryp »

A lot of times private trackers have so many seeders compared to downloaders that there is just no one trying to download from you. Have you tried with other torrents that you know can be seeded or tried your old client on the same set of torrents?