Deluge rechecking torrents on every startup, please help!

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
LibertasAequitas
New User
New User

Re: Deluge rechecking torrents on every startup, please help

Post by LibertasAequitas »

Interesting development: Only the torrents I "moved" to the symbolic link do not recheck. Recently added torrents still recheck with every restart. Perplexing. :|
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Are you sure the paths are identical? Have you set the actual drive or the symbolic link for the torrents to be moved on completion?

There is a known issue with unmounted external drives when Deluge starts up: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/1032
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Btw I have fixed the status menu issue, it was actually the same as that old windows bug: http://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/co ... =f131194b7
LibertasAequitas
New User
New User

I am sorry if I was unclear. Originally, my torrents would download to my internal SSD labelled "Storage" (/Volumes/Storage), upon completion, the torrent's files would then be moved to an external HDD labelled "Torrents" (/Volumes/Torrents) Any torrents that were moved to this location would be rechecked each time Deluge started. I created a symbolic link to /Volumes/Torrents and it's path is /Users/LibertasAequitas/Desktop/Torrents. When I "moved" the torrents from /Volumes/Torrents to /Users/LibertasAequitas/Desktop/Torrents those torrents would not recheck when the program starts. New torrents that were now set to be moved to /Users/LibertasAequitas/Desktop/Torrents would unfortunately be rechecked when the program starts. If I "moved" the torrents from /Users/LibertasAequitas/Desktop/Torrents to /Users/LibertasAequitas/Desktop/Torrents, those torrents would then no longer be forced to check with every restart.

It should be noted that I only move torrents from within Deluge, as moving them from outside of Deluge is silly. Hahaha!

Torrents that are downloaded directly to /Volumes/Storage (The internal SSD that the OS also resides on on a separate partition (/Volumes/OS X)) then Deluge behaves normally. I only seem to encounter the issue after the completed torrents are moved to the external storage.
Last edited by LibertasAequitas on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LibertasAequitas
New User
New User

Also, thank you for linking me to the old Windows bug ticket. I was able to use the issue there to resolve my problem and upgrade to the latest Deluge without issue! Sadly, the latest version still rechecks my torrents at every start. I'll keep looking for a workaround and if I come up with anything solid, I will be sure to post it here! Thanks again!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

You can test latest updated to 1.3-stable branch that included a commit that should Error out torrents with missing data: http://git.deluge-torrent.org/deluge/co ... cb22f4d833