Mac Dock ablities/options

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
pb46
New User
New User

Mac Dock ablities/options

Post by pb46 »

I just installed this, and when i set it up, I opted for, when hitting the close button, the window closes and deluge stays in the dock. Now i had incorrectly assumed that this meant i could reopen the window by clicking on the deluge symbol. Sadly that was very confusing and I had thought that the program had crashed, as this continued to happen I eventually realized that it was in the top bar as well, and that I needed to click on this to open a different window which then gave me the option to reopen the main window. This is kind of silly in my opinion, and probably an oversight, but it would be nice to just click the symbol in the dock and have it reopen. As I can just right click the symbol to close it or whatever there is no need for a second window to open to give me options from the top, infact there is no need for the upper icon at all. MACs are built on the idea that anything running will show up in the dock and only background stuff goes up top.

So after a needlessly long thing, if you guys could make deluge all run through the dock like normal mac programs, and be able to just click the icon to reopen it that would be super awesome!!!!

Thanks guys, like the program so far. much cleaner and works better than utorrent
zack793

Re: Mac Dock ablities/options

Post by zack793 »

I second this. I after turning off the status bar icon, it has the unfortunate effect of closing the app. It should put Deluge in the background until the dock icon is clicked again.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Mac Dock ablities/options

Post by Cas »

There are limitations to what we can do as gtk-ox doesn't have those features of the OS X dock available. It probably requires delving into PyObjC so it's not trivial and none of the devs use OS X.