v1.3.11 Changing Torrent Names / Not Saving View Preferences

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
sqwrlboy

v1.3.11 Changing Torrent Names / Not Saving View Preferences

Post by sqwrlboy »

Greetings...

I am using Deluge 1.3.11 (OS X 10.10) and recently started having two issues with it that I cannot figure out for the life of me. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

When restarting Deluge:

1. Torrents are being reverted back to their original file name, causing the torrent to be re-downloaded to the original save path under the original torrent name.

2. Column view settings are not being saved. However, all other settings in the Preference Pane are being saved.

This all started whilst using Deluge 1.3.10 and has continued now with 1.3.11. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and deleted everything in Deluge's config and state files to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Cheers!
tomplam
New User
New User

Re: v1.3.11 Changing Torrent Names / Not Saving View Prefere

Post by tomplam »

I'm experiencing similar issues. Infact, Deluge isn't saving anything on quit. Torrent states aren't saved and have to 'check' when restarting. Preferences are also not saved.

1.3.11 (OS X 10.10.1)
fancyclown

Post by fancyclown »

I've tried 1.3.10 and 11 on osx 10.6 and could not make it work properly. I thought it was because I'm still on snow leopard but apparently not.

The latest version that saves pref. and don't recheck torrents every restart is 1.3.5 on my system. That one works flawless still.
beast
New User
New User

Post by beast »

I think I am having a similar related problem and it is related to what is discussed here: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 9&start=10

I am using OSX 10.10 and Deluge.App 1.3.11

I think the error is related to the entry in the log below which was caused when I ran deluged from the command line:

Code: Select all

None.None(save_resume_data_alert) did not match C++ signature
It looks like the call to save resume data and preferences is raising an exception and not working.

The entry below is just the first instance of the exception, a number of other examples get listed. I raised a ticket (http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2744). Not sure if I should have raised it there or posted here.

Looks like we need someone with some more knowledge to help with a fix :)

Code: Select all

--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "twisted/internet/base.pyc", line 824, in runUntilCurrent

File "/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/deluge-1.3.10-py2.7.egg/deluge/core/torrentmanager.py", line 1088, in on_alert_save_resume_data
    self.resume_data[torrent_id] = lt.bencode(alert.resume_data)
Boost.Python.ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    None.None(save_resume_data_alert)
did not match C++ signature:
    None(libtorrent::save_resume_data_alert {lvalue})
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/deluge-1.3.10-py2.7.egg/deluge/main.py", line 230, in start_daemon
    Daemon(options, args)
  File "/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/deluge-1.3.10-py2.7.egg/deluge/core/daemon.py", line 171, in __init__
    reactor.run()
  File "twisted/internet/base.pyc", line 1192, in run  
  File "twisted/internet/base.pyc", line 1201, in mainLoop
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

From memory this error comes from libtorrent python bindings, which could affect saving torrent state on quit, but not settings. (but maybe I'm wrong)
beast
New User
New User

Post by beast »

Is it something that is easily fixable?
dgw

Post by dgw »

Registered an account for this forum just to say this issue is affecting my Deluge too. Works just fine on Windows 7, but running it on OS X (10.10.4) is painful if I try to keep anything going for very long.

Wanted to also add my support to ticket 2744, mentioned above, but it appears Trac can't handle new registrations with CAPTCHAs ("CAPTCHA failed to handle original request") and I can't create an account there.
transiti0nary

Post by transiti0nary »

Just thought I'd chime in to say I'm having issues with deluge saving column view preferences on 1.3.12 using as a thin client on OS X 10.11.1. Nothing else seems to be affected but it'd be nice to have the view preferences save again