Download links for 1.3.7 only downloads 1.3.6

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
AppZapper
New User
New User

Download links for 1.3.7 only downloads 1.3.6

Post by AppZapper »

I got the message about upgrading to 1.3.7 but the download links for the new version are only giving me version 1.3.6. Yes, I have installed the downloaded file (named "Deluge.app.1.3.6-3.x86.tbz2") but it installs exactly the version the file name says it is. I've come back to the site twice looking for different routes but both links I've found which supposedly take me to download vers 1.3.7 only download version 1.3.6.
I am puzzled because there sure is a link to go get the new version in the Mac OS X support forum, but it only is giving 1.3.6.
Is anyone else getting this problem too?
Sincerely
R. in Mi.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Download links for 1.3.7 only downloads 1.3.6

Post by Cas »

If the version says 1.3.6 then that is all that's available. We don't have any dev to package on OSX so it's not available yet. I might try next week with a VM OSX but it's really flaky.
Zeafer

Post by Zeafer »

Can I help?

I am an OS X native, who also understands build scripts and isn't afraid of the command line. I'm also a big fan of Deluge.

I haven't had a wealth of experience with packaging apps, but if someone gives me a basic tutorial on how the last build was made, I should be able to get something working.

Cheers,
Shane.
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

I have been periodically for months trying to build Deluge on a "modern" environment w/o any success... (i.e. OSX/Xcode up to date, which I need to work)
Also tried on older versions using VM w/o any more chances... Flaky is the word.

Anyway, finally managed to package a "kind of" working Deluge 1.3.7
Please try this one and report any issues, I'm still working on packaging, since this involved (too) many manual steps.
Known issues:
  • Classic mode not working
  • Column settings still not saved
  • Dropped OSX 10.6
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Spent some time on this... Improved OSX building, less dirty manual steps to do.
But still having issues on libtorrent 0.16.17 + boost 1.55 = no classic mode.
Cas, any libtorrent/boost versions recommandations?
AppZapper
New User
New User

Post by AppZapper »

Okay then. Well, I am comfortable using version 1.3.6. Completely so. :)
Now that I know there isn't a Mac OSX 1.3.7 download to be had at the moment I do have something I am puzzled by. If there isn't an OSX 1.3.7 and won't be until the volunteer elves get one knocked together then why exactly is my App throwing me Go Download the OSX 1.3.7 Update Popups and why is it that on Deluge's Website, in the Deluge Users Mac Forum, it says 1.3.7 is available and go download it at the specified link?
At any rate, I enjoy using the app and am grateful it is out here for use.
Thx
R.
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Good news, finally sorted the libtorrent issues, will ship a fixed version this week-end.
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Here is the updated Deluge.app 1.3.7
Known issues:
  • Column settings not saved
  • Dropped OSX 10.6, minimum 10.7
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Thanks, any particular reason you dropped 10.6? Are there any updates to the build files that need merged?

This column not saving issue is very strange...
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Cas wrote:Thanks, any particular reason you dropped 10.6? Are there any updates to the build files that need merged?
No particular reason, I just don't have 10.6 files, that's why I simply dropped it... for now. I have updated build files, a github request would be fine?

Just one remaining problem, the current build has zope.interface files copied by hand from 1.3.6, could not manage to cleanly package these, any ideas?