Column setup not saved

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
Bo Lindbergh

Post by Bo Lindbergh »

I get the impression that it's the loading code that is broken rather than the saving code. See attachment for details.
Attachments
macosx-column-config-bug.tar.gz
(7.44 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
AppZapper
New User
New User

Re: Column setup not saved

Post by AppZapper »

Hello,
your workaround seems to be a great option, but do you know where can I get Vers 1.3.5?
The links for "previous versions" for Mac only seems to shows 1.3.6. :(
Thx.
carbncl wrote:Just two cents on the issue, from memory, a long time ago, when i noticed that issue, i checked logs and git history to see what changed from 1.3.5, which works.
I didn't identified any possible cause from deluge source code, so my bet is that the issue comes from the gtk packaging.

I tried last week to repackage a new version of Deluge.app, w/o any success yet, jhbuild/gtk-osx being somewhat hard to build on OSX 10.9 / Xcode 5.
Will try to give a look further.

Until then, a poor man workaround is to use 1.3.5 to setup columns, save their settings, then use 1.3.6.
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

You can find 1.3.5 there: https://github.com/vguerci/Deluge.app/downloads

Still no luck rebuilding a version... Even tried on a virtual machine using an older environment...
ViciousDelicious

Post by ViciousDelicious »

Hey, found a workaround for the 1.3.6 app. I was walking through different settings when I noticed that suddenly my torrentview.state file had been created. Finally pinpointed it down to toggling the Label-plugin. Basically, when you untick Label in plugins, the configuration will be saved.

It's not pretty, but it works! :)

Cheers
mzaur
New User
New User

Post by mzaur »

Awesome. That fixed it. I ticked and untucked Label in Plugins and now everything saves!
Prisca22

Post by Prisca22 »

Hi,

I am resuscitating this post because I am experiencing this same problem. I tried unticking the label plugin which at first worked, now doesn't. I am using 1.3.12 on Mac El Capitan. I tried to change for the 1.3.5 app. as mentioned in some of the posts, but it won't open, so I switched back.
Anyone have any ideas? :D
Prisca22

column setup not saved

Post by Prisca22 »

Hi,

I posted a few days ago in a post dating from November 2013, but I got no reply, so I'm posting as a new topic.
I cannot seem to keep my columns set up as I like them. I read the previous topic and tried unticking the label plugin which at first worked, now doesn't. I am using 1.3.12 on Mac El Capitan. I tried to change for the 1.3.5 app. as mentioned in some of the posts, but it won't open, so I switched back.
Anyone have any ideas? :D
Shryp

Re: column setup not saved

Post by Shryp »

There have been a few similar issues with file permissions. Perhaps you don't have the correct file permissions to save the config files.

I use Windows and Linux, but have no direct experience with Mac.
Prisca22

Post by Prisca22 »

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by file permissions? Is it like when you clean up and repair permissions?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I can look at it again but I only have an OSX VM for building and testing and no other devs work on OSX. What you need to do is enable logging to determine what is happening on startup and shutdown. Perhaps also need to provide a more detailed step by step of how to replicate, if we can determine it's OS independent it will be easier to fix.