Upgrading

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
treadman
New User
New User

Upgrading

Post by treadman »

Is there any special procedure for upgrading? Simple as the usual Mac method - copy program into the Applications folder?
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Upgrading

Post by carbncl »

No. Yes. :)
treadman
New User
New User

Post by treadman »

Yes! Yes! Thanks.
Lexxiconn

Post by Lexxiconn »

Sorry noob here - Did not understand the answer. There is or is not a Deluge.App somewhere a person can update to?

I have the previous version and no idea how to get the .app file of the new version. Googled for it but not found.
Perhaps for the non-technical of us there could be a link to a mac version that is already built?

Not sure how to use term window and macports etc, just want to update the current version.

Have you considered that your app would get a lot more traction if it was made easer to install and to update? I used a third party install that configured and installed the previous version but if I can't update this will regrettably have to remove it and move back to utorrent.

I had not heard of you until recently but I can certainly see the attraction for mac users to move away from the utorrent client to this one if you made it an easy migration path. It is quite easy to use and fairly quick when incoming connections are working. The Tech around it though makes this limited to techies only as I think most mainstream users will shy away - which is a shame as I think you deserve broad recognition for the impressive stuff you have already achieved.

If I may also ask - how does one change the priority of the file downloads from 'Normal' to low or high?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

You searched yet could not find it here: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Download

and your latter question: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... ng.Howcome