Deluge.app crashes on one, runs on the other

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
churnd
New User
New User

Deluge.app crashes on one, runs on the other

Post by churnd »

I've downloaded the latest compiled Deluge.app from the website from here: http://download.deluge-torrent.org/mac_osx/. I have a Macbook Pro (2012) & a Mac Pro (2008). Both are running 10.8.3, but the Macbook Pro is 10.8.3 client & the Mac Pro is 10.8.3 server. Deluge.app runs fine on the Macbook Pro, but crashes immediately on the server.

The only thing I can see in Console.app

Code: Select all

5/5/13 10:19:54.602 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.1025[172]: ([0x0-0xa512508].org.deluge[83483]) Exited with code: 1
If I cd to /Applications/Deluge.app, then try to run it, I one of two different errors:

/Applications/Deluge.app » ./Contents/MacOS/Deluge

** (deluge:4457): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (deluge:4457): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (deluge:4457): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
[ERROR   ] 06:56:12 ipcinterface:156 Deluge restart failed: Couldn't listen on any:/Users/chearn/.config/deluge/ipc/deluge-gtk: [Errno 22] Invalid argument.

/Applications/Deluge.app » ./Contents/MacOS/Deluge

** (deluge:4484): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (deluge:4484): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (deluge:4484): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Deluge.app/./Contents/MacOS/Deluge-bin", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('deluge==1.3.6', 'gui_scripts', 'deluge-gtk')()
  File "/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/deluge-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py", line 115, in start
    Gtk().start()
  File "/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/deluge-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py", line 112, in start
    GtkUI(self.args)
  File "/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/deluge-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py", line 225, in __init__
    self.ipcinterface = IPCInterface(args)
  File "/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/deluge-1.3.6-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/ipcinterface.py", line 162, in __init__
    os.execv(sys.argv[0], sys.argv)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
I have tried removing ~/.config/deluge numerous times, which doesn't help. The only thing I can think of at this point is that it just crashes on 10.8.3 Server for some reason?
churnd
New User
New User

Re: Deluge.app crashes on one, runs on the other

Post by churnd »

I just fired up a client VM of 10.8.3 in Parallels on the Mac Pro & it runs OK there too. I'm assuming it's a server issue, but no idea what at this point. Only thing that immediately comes to mind is differences in network setups.
Oo0Bailey0oO

Post by Oo0Bailey0oO »

Hi,

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact same problem (and I'm running Mac 10.8 Server).

Funny thing is, I had Deluge installed and working 3 days ago. I removed it and today I was trying to install it again when I got these errors. So I restored my .config/deluge contents from Time Machine, but that didn't help.

Something I did in those 3 days was install WireShark. Do you have that installed as well?
dw33b4n

Post by dw33b4n »

I'm also having the exact same problem on a MBA '13 running 10.8.4 client

I setup deluge 1.3.6 yesterday and used it just fine, then today I ALSO installed wireshark + XQuartz. Now deluge crashes on startup with

8/15/13 1:23:56.455 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[178]: ([0x0-0x22022].org.deluge[3862]) Exited with code: 1
boundless

Post by boundless »

I was having the same problem and fixed it by cleaning the ipc directory. In Terminal:

rm /Users/<user>/.config/deluge/ipc/*
Hope this would be helpful to someone.