Setup Port-Forwarding on Fios Actiontec router-MAC OSX

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
Ricanz1
New User
New User

Setup Port-Forwarding on Fios Actiontec router-MAC OSX

Post by Ricanz1 »

Hi I'm a newbie here, but I'm pretty good at following directions. I installed Deluge on my fiend's computer and set up the proxy, just as BT Guard had recommended. At the time he had a TP-Link, TL-WR1043ND running DD-WRT (for ease of use with the D-Link BOXEE BOX), but the router kept locking up and required frequent resetting, even on days that he wasn't using torrent. Most of the time, between resets, Deluge worked quite well, but the resetting was a nuisance, so he recently defaulted back to his Fios Actiontec MI424WR-GEN2 (hardware version F) router. Ever since the Actiontec was connected, the torrent wouldn't operate...no seeds and peers showing up. Everywhere I've read implies that I need to configure the port forwarding on the router, but the directions always seem a bit encrypted to me. Is there anyone that has experienced this before, and could someone please break this down, and guide me through the steps that I would need to take to make this configuration work? I have already attempted the following steps, based on some forums, but I am having difficulty locating a specific fix action to follow along with. Thank you.

1. Disabled random incoming port in Deluge preferences
2. Disabled UPnP and DHT in deluge preferences
3. Set a static IP address for the computer

Current configuration:
MBPro (Intel-2008) Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
Actiontec MI424WR-GEN2 router
Fios 25mbps down/15up (I think...but close enough)
Deluge 1.3.5