Uninstall on mac

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
gerhard
New User
New User

Uninstall on mac

Post by gerhard »

Hello,

Deluge was running perfectly well on my computer (mac). I had to reinstall my OS with a Time Machine backup at some point for unrelated reasons. Since then though, Deluge does not work properly. Actually, it opens and torrents appear in the box but never download. Stays at 0%.

For info: I''m also using BitGuard. Not sure if it has something to do with that.

In any case, I thought I would just uninstall it and re-download Deluge for a clean install and reset the preferences anew. When I download and reinstall Deluge, even the old version, it keeps nonetheless the previous preferences and even info with regards to BitGuard proxy and everything.

Any idea how to erase for good all preferences and do a truly clean reinstall?

Thanks for your help,

Gerhard
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Uninstall on mac

Post by Cas »

gerhard
New User
New User

Post by gerhard »

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that the link says where Deluge stores its settings/config for Linux and Windows, but not for Mac. Is it the same than Linux? In any cases I've been searching for the ~/.config/deluge/ file with Finder and Spotlight and I don't find it.

Any clue on where to look/how to proceed would be appreciated.

Thx.
gerhard
New User
New User

Post by gerhard »

Still wondering how to solve this problem (reset all default and/or do a clean reinstall). Thx a lot.
gerhard
New User
New User

Post by gerhard »

how to clean uninstall/reinstall on mac? thanks
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Are you aware that '~' tilde is a reference to your home directory. i.e. ~/.config is the same as /home/user/.config which on MacOSX would be /Users/user/.config and also you may need to enable hidden directories to view '.config'.

Also Mac OSX has the 'locate' command so you can use that to find any files on your system relating to Deluge.
gerhard
New User
New User

Post by gerhard »

The .config was indeed hidden! I deleted it and I can now do the clean install.

Thanks a lot for your help and patience, much appreciated.

G.