Make dmg

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
Namru

Make dmg

Post by Namru »

Can't you just compile it, and give us solid .dmg?

It would be much much easier for mac users.

At this moment... there is no Mac os compatible version of Deluge.
j32
New User
New User

Re: Make dmg

Post by j32 »

This will be great!
eLiasPT

Post by eLiasPT »

Yes, it would be perfect.
I've been trying to install deluge for a few days now, without success :(
Thank you.
johnnym26

Post by johnnym26 »

I totally support the idea! I keep getting an error while compilation. And this might be much easier.
mynous
New User
New User

Post by mynous »

Its not quite as easy as just making a .dmg file. This program has a few dependancies that have to be compiled along with it/before it. I agree that it would be an awesome thing to have. However it doesnt seem as though there is a huge mac following for this program. MacPorts hasnt even been updated with the current version of Deluge and still has 5.8.9 in their repositories.
FictionPimp

Post by FictionPimp »

I would kill for a decent easy to install build of this (a dmg would be awesome). I just recently switched to mac and my old machine was a ubuntu box and I fell in love with Deluge there. I have yet to find anything on the mac that has come close. In any case, I'll be keeping a close eye on the development work done here.
macdelugeplease

Post by macdelugeplease »

mynous wrote:Its not quite as easy as just making a .dmg file. This program has a few dependancies that have to be compiled along with it/before it. I agree that it would be an awesome thing to have. However it doesnt seem as though there is a huge mac following for this program. MacPorts hasnt even been updated with the current version of Deluge and still has 5.8.9 in their repositories.
There isn't a huge following for this program on Mac because it's a huge pain to install on OS X. Release a native Mac version and see how it takes off.

I, too, would kill for a native Mac version. This is ridiculous to install unless you have coding experience, which I don't.
delugeosx

Post by delugeosx »

macdelugeplease wrote:There isn't a huge following for this program on Mac because it's a huge pain to install on OS X. Release a native Mac version and see how it takes off.

I, too, would kill for a native Mac version. This is ridiculous to install unless you have coding experience, which I don't.
Agreed on every point. OSX is not really aimed to coders imho. Btw I had deluge on gentoo since it was born (let's say a stable release) and I loved it. It's so lightweight for the amount of features it has...
Well, on osx I'm stuck with transmission!! I hate it...but it was the best choice for my demands -.-

That's my 2cents...anyway, keep up the excellent work guys!
macdelugeplease

Post by macdelugeplease »

delugeosx wrote:
macdelugeplease wrote:There isn't a huge following for this program on Mac because it's a huge pain to install on OS X. Release a native Mac version and see how it takes off.

Agreed on every point. OSX is not really aimed to coders imho. Btw I had deluge on gentoo since it was born (let's say a stable release) and I loved it. It's so lightweight for the amount of features it has...
Well, on osx I'm stuck with transmission!! I hate it...but it was the best choice for my demands -.-

That's my 2cents...anyway, keep up the excellent work guys!
Check out Azureus. It gets a bad rap due to all the new Vuze crap, but it's the best torrent client around, IMO. It does everything, and it's the only one around that can seed 1000+ torrents while Photoshop, Word, Mail, and Firefox are all running. Transmission seems to choke after 200 and it doesn't find peers well at all. I also get the best speeds with Azureus. Just don't forget to switch to the classic UI (upper right corner).

You can also get Azureus 2.5.0.4 which is the best version in many people's opinion. Even though it's very old, every private tracker has it whitelisted because it is the last version before they added the Vuze stuff. You can get it here: http://www.oldversion.com/download_Azureus_2.5.0.4.html.