OS X 10.8 Compatibility

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
Gravey
New User
New User

OS X 10.8 Compatibility

Post by Gravey »

Has anyone tried the most recent version of Deluge.app on Mountain Lion? I'm able to see my server in the connections manager, but pressing the connect button doesn't actually appear to connect. Had it working fine before in Lion, but did a fresh install and a new download of Deluge, and now I'm running into trouble.

Thanks in advance for anyone who's able to help
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Re: OS X 10.8 Compatibility

Post by carbncl »

Haven't upgraded yet to Mountain Lion, but I think there is now a built in Firewall, could it be that?
Gravey
New User
New User

Post by Gravey »

You're right - there is one, but I have it turned off.

I'm not seeing any new entries in deluged.log on the server, either. Connection manager shows a green light next to my server entry, so I know authentication is working correctly, but it appears to be a problem on the application side, where the Connect button just doesn't go through.

As I mentioned, this is a fresh install of Mountain Lion, not an upgrade ... Are there any dependencies I could be missing? I would think they'd be self-contained in the app, correct?
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

From memory, not sure about it, but app might link to very few OSX libs, if that was the issue, great chances that app would just crash or not even start.
Could you enable logs (by uncommenting last part of /Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/MacOS/Deluge script) and give a look at/paste them?
Gravey
New User
New User

Post by Gravey »

When I hit connect, the log fills up with this:

Code: Select all

[ERROR   ] 15:55:58 __init__:1164 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rpcserver'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/deluge-1.3.5-py2.7.egg/deluge/ui/client.py", line 456, in call
    m = self.__daemon.rpcserver.get_object_method(method)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rpcserver'
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Could it be possible that you try to connect to a server while having "classic mode" checked in settings?
See that thread: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 20#p160541 that looks a bit similar.

If not, could you paste the whole errors, especially what is logged just before these errors? (pastebin & co if you can ;))
I will probably upgrade today to mountain lion, I've seen various reports on other apps that have connectivity issues. I hope this is not a mountain lion issue.
Gravey
New User
New User

Post by Gravey »

That solved it! Classic mode was checked in settings, which is apparently the default. Thanks a lot for your help.
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

You're welcome, glad to hear that works on mountain lion :)