Deluge.app (Current version: 1.3.11)

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
drizzle
New User
New User

Re: Deluge.app (Current version: 1.3.9)

Post by drizzle »

alexholliz wrote:I haven't had the deluge-deamon (1.3.6+) start on Mavericks or Yosemite with the button in the connection manager.
All of this. the stock Yosemite builds seem to break older python installs, (I haven't gotten Deluge to start with a connection manager yet on 10.10.2 either).
deluged_ude

Re: Deluge.app (Current version: 1.3.6)

Post by deluged_ude »

xaeiou wrote:
doc wrote:
xaeiou wrote:Hi

I'm running the current version 1.3.6 of the app under osx 10.8.4. I did a "normal" install of the app. I'm running in classic GUI mode so I can manage both a local and remote daemon.

However, when I try to start the local daemon I get the message:

/deluged: line 69: /Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Contents/MacOS/Deluge-python: No such file or directory
Thanks for posting this. My solution is a bit different than yours, and far from a solution.

When I tried running:

Code: Select all

sudo ./deluged &"
Nothing would happen, and the daemon wouldn't be running. When I omitted the quotation mark at the end, then I got the error:

./deluged: line 66: /Applications/Deluge.app/Contents/Contents/MacOS/Deluge-python: No such file or directory
The issue is pretty obvious. One too many "/Contents"

So I loaded "deluged" into a text editor, went to line 66, which reads:

$EXEC "$PYTHON" "$bundle_contents/MacOS/deluged-bin" "$@"
That sent me to the $bundle_contents variable (found at line 14). And the variable is defined as "$bundle"/Contents. I changed the line to remove "/Contents"

And then I ran:

sudo ./deluged &
That starts things up (with an error about a missing Python library). And I can now see an active daemon in the Connection Manager.
Strangely, if I execute:

sudo ./deluged &"
the daemon will not start.

It's dirty and doesn't work very well. For the time being, I'm going to install a second Torrent program for local torrents, and continue using Thin Client to access my Ubuntu Server's daemon.