Deluge.app (Current version: 1.3.11)

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
dansyacht
New User
New User

Re: Deluge.app (Latest version: 1.3.5)

Post by dansyacht »

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what does "GTK-OSX limitation" mean? OSX versions of qBittorrent, uTorrent, Vuze and Transmission support magnet links just fine. Also, if there are no plans to support this function in the near future, then why is there a button to "Associate Magnet links with Deluge" in Preferences > Other. Are we being teased? :cry:
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Deluge is a cross-platform GTK application, none of those clients you have listed use GTK. The problem is specific to the OSX port of GTK (GTK-OSX) so it out of our hands but it works fine on all other platforms.

There is thread discussing implementing it but nothing further: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/mess ... d=26020751
Idiosyncracy
New User
New User

Post by Idiosyncracy »

Just thought I'd create an account to say thank you for building this. I think I speak for everyone on a Mac (even especially those who haven't registered) when I say that we're very grateful for the work you've been doing here. I'll happily test things out as you release them as well. My knowledge of building and compiling things like this is very limited to say the least, but I'll happily add another set of edge cases to your data just to frustrate you ;)

In fact, I've just downloaded the lastest build you posted. Thus far, everything works beautifully. Better than the last release, to be honest. I haven't noticed any "squares" or anything like that. I'm running it as a thin client with 10.8.2 Mountain Lion on a Late 2011 MBP (Non-Retina, I think) and it looks flawless. Many thanks.

The only thing I've noticed is that if I run the Deluge executable inside the .app package, I see these errors in Terminal:

Code: Select all

** (deluge:43696): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (deluge:43696): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (deluge:43696): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'
It all seems to function pretty well when running as a thin client by double-clicking the app, though.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but the System Tray menu appears in the top-left corner of my screen no matter whether Deluge.app is minimized or open, or if I move the main window around on the screen. I don't know if that's a bug you can even fix, but it threw me off a little bit. Just a minor superficial thing though, not a big deal by any means.

- Idiosyncracy
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Idiosyncracy wrote: I see these errors in Terminal:
They are not errors, just warnings and can be ignored. It has been fixed upstream and will eventually find its way into future packages.
Idiosyncracy wrote: the System Tray menu appears in the top-left corner of my screen no matter whether Deluge.app is minimized or open
I am not sure I understand the issue. Could you provide a screenshot?
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Tried to fix libtorrent save state issue in Deluge.app mixing package with some files built from macports.
Looks like it solves the issue, but that's a bit hackish, so would love some people to test this one (in classic mode) and report if there is any issue:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6392971/Deluge ... 3.x86.tbz2
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Cas wrote:
Idiosyncracy wrote: the System Tray menu appears in the top-left corner of my screen no matter whether Deluge.app is minimized or open
I am not sure I understand the issue. Could you provide a screenshot?
I have this issue as well. the "tray" icon appears on OSX on its top system menu bar, on right, clicking on menu display the menu on top left of the screen, no under the icon.
From memory, a long time ago, I gave a look to this, and I think that this tray menu kinda works OOTB thanks some some GTK-OSX bridge, but that's not really functional.

To make the app fully working like on windows, I mean without the app icon displaying in Dock(=windows task bar) / Tasks switcher list(=windows alt+tab), really hidden, just the menu bar icon, that would require some extra work.
Infortunately, I think that's not an easy task to do, because on OSX, a "menu bar" tray process has to be separated from main process. (which I presume differs from windows/linux)
On OSX, unless I'm wrong, an app can have no "UI", just a menu bar only if it is specified at launch time in its Info.plist, not after at runtime.
See LSUIElement: http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/ ... 431-108256
That's why most OSX apps having a front UI / menu bar UI have two apps in their bundle, like Whatever.app and Whatever.app/Somepath/WhateverHelper.app

Not sure if I'm clear, anyway, without that, a tray menu is kinda useless... (I just disable it, using deluge anyway as a thin client)
fancyclown

Post by fancyclown »

carbncl wrote:Tried to fix libtorrent save state issue in Deluge.app mixing package with some files built from macports.
Looks like it solves the issue, but that's a bit hackish, so would love some people to test this one (in classic mode) and report if there is any issue:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6392971/Deluge ... 3.x86.tbz2
Just tried this build and classic mode no longer crashes in 10.6.8 32bit! Now I can stop using macports for Deluge :D

Thank you very much for your work on this!!

There is a lot of errors and stuff in the OSX system messages but it seems to work alright anyway: pastebin

EDIT: seems like I have to recheck torrents downloaded in classic mode every time I start Deluge :? was that the error you tried to fix?
Last edited by fancyclown on Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

fancyclown wrote:There is a lot of errors and stuff in the OSX system messages but it seems to work alright anyway: pastebin
Are you sure you are using "Deluge.app.1.3.6-3.x86.tbz2" (3rd packaging)?
Or maybe these are logs of a previous version, because you should not get these error messages... strange.
fancyclown

Post by fancyclown »

carbncl wrote:
fancyclown wrote:There is a lot of errors and stuff in the OSX system messages but it seems to work alright anyway: pastebin
Are you sure you are using "Deluge.app.1.3.6-3.x86.tbz2" (3rd packaging)?
Or maybe these are logs of a previous version, because you should not get these error messages... strange.
will download and reinstall

EDIT: guess I had an older one, all is fine with the latest package! I'm an idiot :D
dansyacht
New User
New User

Re: Deluge.app (Testing version: 1.3.6)

Post by dansyacht »

FYI, updated to Deluge.app.1.3.6-3.x86.tbz2. Changed Proxy setting (switched server address). Clicked on Apply and OK. When I restarted Deluge it had reverted back to the old server address. Repeated several times with same result. Re installed 1.3.5 and it worked normally.

Dan