Help with double launcher and sending torrents from browser

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
pauligrinder
New User
New User

Help with double launcher and sending torrents from browser

Post by pauligrinder »

Hi. I'm using deluge on Mac OS X Snow Leopard, installed using macports without X11, and my daemon is running separately on a Linux server. I downloaded the deluge.app launcher-thingy from somewhere around here, and that's how I launch the client. It all works quite nicely, apart from these things:

- When I launch Deluge, it always shows the Deluge icon AND the Python icon in the dock, and the Python icon actually controls the interface (hide, etc.)
- If I click the yellow "-" button in deluge, the interface hides and cannot be restored until I shut it off alltogether and launch it again. If I right click the Python icon and choose hide, it can be restored normally.
- There doesn't seem to be a way to send torrents to it directly from a browser (I'm using Chrome), it always sends torrents to uTorrent. I have installed a Deluge plugin in Chrome though, which shows a deluge icon next to all torrent links, and that way I can send them directly to the web interface, but this doesn't really solve the problem. This way, it only downloads to the default location with default settings. Copypasting torrent links gets kinda frustrating too.

So, is there a way to solve these little things?
As for the Lion, I won't be upgrading anytime soon (not too convinced about the new features)
Last edited by Cas on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved to new post as is not a macports issue