Deluge.app (GTK-OSX based)

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Deluge.app build using GTK-OSX **Test Release Available*

Post by carbncl »

Fix still not released sorry, having troubles producing a correct build...
genezkool323
New User
New User

Post by genezkool323 »

Wow, carbncl. You're doing a great job. Your .app is a lot of what everyone has been waiting for. I think it's safe to say that Deluge is now not only multi-platform, but easily accessible by everyone on all the platforms. I personally have a working Deluge MacPorts build and I will start the daemon up from my Terminal and then use your app to access my daemon and another remote daemon. It works like a charm. Thanks!
darkfader
New User
New User

Post by darkfader »

I was trying to move from Linux to OS X. It seemed all well. Rechecking my files. Later when I looked, Deluge was stopped and restarting it would almost immediate crash again.

Code: Select all

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

libtorrent-rasterbar.6.dylib  	0x0000000105282e5b boost::asio::ssl::stream<libtorrent::variant_stream<boost::asio::basic_stream_socket<boost::asio::ip::tcp, boost::asio::stream_socket_service<boost::asio::ip::tcp> >, libtorrent::socks5_stream, libtorrent::http_stream, mpl_::void_, mpl_::void_> >::stream<boost::asio::io_service>(boost::asio::io_service&, boost::asio::ssl::context&) + 49
The same lib fails to compile when installing Deluge from Macports :(
I hope this gets fixed soon. For the time being, I think I restart my downloads on my Linux machine again.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

What version of libtorrent?
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

genezkool323 wrote:Wow, carbncl. You're doing a great job. Your .app is a lot of what everyone has been waiting for. I think it's safe to say that Deluge is now not only multi-platform, but easily accessible by everyone on all the platforms. I personally have a working Deluge MacPorts build and I will start the daemon up from my Terminal and then use your app to access my daemon and another remote daemon. It works like a charm. Thanks!
Thanks, appreciated :)
darkfader wrote:I was trying to move from Linux to OS X. It seemed all well. Rechecking my files. Later when I looked, Deluge was stopped and restarting it would almost immediate crash again.
The same lib fails to compile when installing Deluge from Macports :(
I hope this gets fixed soon. For the time being, I think I restart my downloads on my Linux machine again.
Cas wrote:What version of libtorrent?
From memory, AFAIK, libtorrent versions of macports (v0.15.9) and Deluge.app (v0.15.8) doesn't support secured trackers (https)
On macports there is a libtorrent-rasterbar-devel (0.15.99.6004) package supposed to solve this.
Worth to try I guess, maybe that's your problem, let me know if that helps.
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Just added a new version, finally managed to get a sane building environment.
Spent some time trying to produce an universal build w/o results.
But I managed to produce an i386 one, but libtorrent I guess, crash in classic mode. Let me know if someone has better luck with this... Which I doubt.
x64 build still works fine for me in classic mode.

So not a lot of changes:
  • Fix: Web interface bug (mako.cache missing)
  • New: i386 build (classic mode fails, libtorrent issue)
  • Updates:
    • libtorrent 0.15.8 > 0.15.9
    • Several python dependencies
    • jhbuild environment
Also upgraded to latest 1.3-stable branch.
@darkfader let me know if libtorrent v0.15.9 solve your issues.
darkfader
New User
New User

Post by darkfader »

Thanks carbncl ! I haven't been able to crash it yet. (1.3.3-3 x64)
The only problem I now have is the open file limit of 256 in OS X (includes connections), which causes torrents to stop and some error messages when the limit is reached.
It would be nice if Deluge could call the setrlimit() function to request more. For now, it should be possible to use launchctl or /etc/launchd.conf to set the maxfiles limit.
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Great news that libtorrent update solved your issues.
I only use deluge on OSX to connect to a linux box, so I can't notice libtorrent issues, thanks for reporting.

After searching a bit, raising that limit shouldn't be hard to do, and is even recommended on libtorrent manual.
I'm kinda surprised nobody reported that before, and from what I've seen, deluge is not raising that limit, while it affects not only OSX but all BSD based OSes. Maybe I've missed something?
Or maybe that affects mostly OSX users because of OSX 256 limit is smaller than linux one? (which is 1024 I think)
fancyclown

Post by fancyclown »

Hiya!
Just tried the i386 build. As you say it crashes in classic mode. Is there any way to run without classic and start the deluged deamon?

I get:

Code: Select all

2012-02-22 16.10.34	[0x0-0x1e01e].org.deluge[234]	nohup: deluged: No such file or directory

when starting just like the dude on previous page. Will I have to install the daemon the macports way or something?

carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

I don't think starting deluged (which is not bundled in Deluge.app) will work anyway since from what I see the crash occurs in libtorrent (or boost that libtorrent use)
Installing deluge from macports and starting it from shell is a (annoying) workaround.
I'm on a x64 MBP, but I don't use classic mode, I just remote control a linux box running the daemon, that's another alternative... for now.
Sorry about that, I'll try to investigate further into that libtorrent crash, as often, the solution is probably already in the macport packages.