Deluge.app (GTK-OSX based)

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Deluge.app build using GTK-OSX **Test Release Available*

Post by carbncl »

Cas wrote:Excellent work carbncl. I'm glad my initial work did not got to waste :D
You're welcome, too bad that you couldn't continue, that would have probably been easier/faster for you...
Also too bad I didn't noticed your thread earlier...
I gave a look in the past to py2app, but winswitch instructions was the missing piece... (full of *magic tricks*)

Feel free to integrate/review what I've done in deluge.org git.
It is non intrusive (yet...) in deluge code, and I also documented the build method.
I will try to add more OSX integration like associate/open torrent files / use native OS menubar... (that will be intrusive in code with osx checks)

Right now included web interface doesn't work. It fails silently and didn't figured yet why.
gmichels wrote:Whoa I'm speechless, it worked flawlessly (thin client mode, have't tried the local daemon). Sure I didn't use it much yet, but so far looks great.
Thanks, nice to hear that it works, I'm also using the client mode, but checked (a bit) that classic mode was working. :)
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Got some progress, the .torrent files association with deluge.app is now working.

And also I'm almost having native menus, that looks a bit more mac-ish and is more natural :
Having troubles with quit (which just kill process) and accelerators (ctrl vs cmd)... that's... tricky.
arugula-375
New User
New User

Post by arugula-375 »

That looks fantastic!
I am really loving what you are doing. The testing version that you posted on the frst page is my primary torrent client ;)
Would you mind posting your newest build also? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I really miss the file association.

Best,
Peter
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

arugula-375 wrote:That looks fantastic!
I am really loving what you are doing. The testing version that you posted on the frst page is my primary torrent client ;)
Would you mind posting your newest build also? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I really miss the file association.
Thanks, glad to see it is working for someone else than me :)

Here is the new version, I think I finally sorted the issues I had.

What's new:
v1.3.3-2: OSX integration: gtk-mac-integration
  • OSX MenuBar
  • OSX Accelerators: <cmd> instead of <control>
  • Torrent files association (with a nice doc icon)
macdelugeplease

Post by macdelugeplease »

This looks amazing. How does the client announce its version? This is important for private trackers.
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

macdelugeplease wrote:This looks amazing. How does the client announce its version? This is important for private trackers.
I've commented the -dev prefix from setup.cfg before packaging.
So unless I missed something else, that should be reported as a normal v1.3.3 to trackers.
You can check versions (client&server) in the about box.
serine
New User
New User

Post by serine »

Classic mode is working swimmingly for me!
Great work carbncl! This really brings together the 'ui integration' that the macports build lacked.

You've definitely made my month!
arugula-375
New User
New User

Post by arugula-375 »

Wow, this is something else ;)
I am using it with remote daemon and it works super cool now. The new icons are supercool too :)
Many many thanks to you man ;)

If you are open to suggestions and have some time, then here is one thing that would make it even more usable (although it's absolutely not as critical as all the thing you've already done).
I would like to use the (X) button to "hide" the window. And the window should be redrawn when you click on it's icon in the dock (just like most of other applications).
There is a good workaround for this - minimizing window. But that would be just a little bit better.
fancyclown

Post by fancyclown »

great work!
any way to make this run on x32 10.6? :?

thanks
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

arugula-375 wrote:If you are open to suggestions and have some time, then here is one thing that would make it even more usable (although it's absolutely not as critical as all the thing you've already done).
I would like to use the (X) button to "hide" the window. And the window should be redrawn when you click on it's icon in the dock (just like most of other applications).
There is a good workaround for this - minimizing window. But that would be just a little bit better.
I'm open to suggestions, but sorry I probably won't spend some time on this one. Sounds tricky for a non essential feature. (I'm afraid that's deeply buried in GTK/OSX)
On the other hand, on OSX the red cross is supposed to close the window (then you can recall it with some "Windows" menu) but not quit the app, with some exceptions like mono-window apps like deluge is.
What you describe is more the "Hide" (cmd-H) behavior, that works. (I would suggest to use cmd-H/cmd-tab, that is quicker to hide/switch apps than mouse clicking... I know a matter of taste...)
fancyclown wrote:any way to make this run on x32 10.6? :?
I guess that would not be hard to package the app as x32. (It is already supposed to support 10.6)
The best would be a universal binary, which I'm afraid is not that easy to do...
Will give a look at this.