[HOWTO] Install Deluge 1.3.3 with Macports

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
CSB
Leecher
Leecher

Re: [HOWTO] Install Deluge 1.3.1 with Macports

Post by CSB »

comedian wrote:
carbncl wrote: There is. But conventional keyboard shortcuts doesn't work no option nor ctrl v... But you can right-clic / paste ;)
Weird, that was one of the first things I tried when command+v and ctrl+v didn't work. I got no right-click menu at all. I'll go back and hack around a bit.

I'm used to just going to a torrent link on a website, right-click copying it, then going into deluge and doing add torrent, URL, and having the url auto-populated with the clipboard contents. Or, barring that, pasting into the URL box. I'll play with it a bit.

This GTK version frankly has me over the moon due to it's prettiness, semi-nativeness, and speed. It's soooo close to perfect.
There is a chrome extension (http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =9&t=27745) which I have had success with for adding torrents to deluge. It seems to work if the torrent link doesn't do anything too fancy (read: javascript or other non-direct linking) and the torrent is reflected in my remote GTK app within a few seconds. Downside is that it ties into the webui, so unless you're using that anyway, it probably won't be worth using just to expedite adding torrents.
keepitcomplicated

Post by keepitcomplicated »

carbncl wrote:
keepitcomplicated wrote:Sorry CSB, thought maybe it had something todo with the setup, I've no idea why Deluge is in icelandic (other than being psychic)... everything on my system is in english except the keyboard.
I'm using deluge in english, the french traduction is... anyway.

Code: Select all

export LANG=en_US && deluge-gtk-2.6 &
Then your deluge (and all commands in terminal) will be in english :)

I'm currently using an alias doing this, i'll look someday for a nicer solution, I would love an .app bundle associated to .torrent files...

alias deluge='export LANG=en_US && deluge-gtk-2.6 &'
Hmm, I tried this yesterday and it worked perfect, but now when I enter the command, it just gives me a bunch of file locations and an error... both on my mbp at home and my imac at work :oops:

I would love to create a folder, with files to execute each of the different components of Deluge (preferably in english, if that works), to keep in my Applications folder... I would even design icons for each of them, if someone can get me a working executable in english :roll:
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

Just noticed that all classic shortcuts like ctrl+v / c / a ... Are mapped to the alt key!
Enjoy :)
keepitcomplicated

I added this to ~/.profile to make it english by default... :D

export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
comedian

Post by comedian »

carbncl wrote:Just noticed that all classic shortcuts like ctrl+v / c / a ... Are mapped to the alt key!
Enjoy :)
Oooh thank you! I did get right-click paste to work - apparently I am an idiot.

I know that like most programs in OSX X11, ctrl generally takes the place of the apple key for most commands. For instance, ctrl+q will quit the program.
keepitcomplicated

Does anyone else have a completely random free-disk-space number in the status bar?
Right now I have 1237.2GiB, on a 320GiB drive...
mYrN

Post by mYrN »

I tried to do it like in the first post, but i get this error:

--->  Computing dependencies for deluge
Error: Cannot install deluge for the arch(s) 'i386 x86_64' because
Error: its dependency libtorrent-rasterbar does not build for the required arch(s) by default
Error: and does not have a universal variant.
Error: Unable to execute port: architecture mismatch
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
Cant i install it because im on 64bit?
keepitcomplicated

@mYrN

I'm on 64bit as well... the only problems I've had when compiling, is when the process gets interrupted, the only option I found was to clean everything and start over :|
Trust_no1
New User
New User

Post by Trust_no1 »

Hello,

Unable to install Deluge on my Mac, I had to redo and 5 times.

I tried with xCode 3.2, xCode 3.2.5. , Xcode 3.2.6 & xCode 4.0 doing nothing is when even a height that the platform supports Deluge OS X, so that should make it work for Tinkering

Mac Os 10.6.6

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist already exists and does not belong to a registered port.  Unable to activate port dbus. Use 'port -f activate dbus' to force the activation.
Error: Failed to install dbus
Log for dbus is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_dbus/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: glib2 dbus
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>
carbncl
Leecher
Leecher

Post by carbncl »

easy one since error message is self explanatory...
Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist already exists and does not belong to a registered port. Unable to activate port dbus. Use 'port -f activate dbus' to force the activation.
The question is where does that file comes from? If you have any doubt, backup it.
Then delete it and retry, port should then no more complain while installing dbus.