Tutorial: Deluge 1.2.0 and flexget up and running in 30mins

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
comedian

Re: Tutorial: Deluge 1.2.0 and flexget up and running in 30mins

Post by comedian »

Allright, I followed xml's instructions and had the same problem as Gravey did in my old thread.

Code: Select all

sudo install_name_tool -change /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python /opt/local/lib/libboost_python-mt.dylib
fixed my problem though.

Also, I set my PYTHON_PATH to /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python before installing virtualenv and used easy_install-2.6 instead of easy_install.
PacoBell
New User
New User

Post by PacoBell »

New problem:

ld: in /usr/bin/gcc-4.2, can't link with a main executable
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1
Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?
comedian

Post by comedian »

Your path does not include /opt/local/bin in precedence before /usr/bin, therefore you are running OSX gcc instead of MacPorts gcc.

export PATH=/opt/local/bin:$PATH

should fix your problem.
fancyclown

Post by fancyclown »

Hi!
I got to the run python setup.py install step. Everything was going fine but then I got an error:

creating /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge
error: could not create '/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge': Permission denied
What did I do wrong? Please help, because I'm no good at this :?

EDIT: seems I installed pyxdg in the wrong place. got it to work now :)

But how do I save this:

20. crontab -e and add this rows, replace <username> with your username:
@reboot source /Users/<username>/virtualenvs/deluge/bin/activate && deluged > /dev/null 2>&1 &
@reboot source /Users/<username>/virtualenvs/deluge/bin/activate && deluge-web -f > /dev/null 2>&1

I do this in the terminal right? It looks like this for me now:

crontab: no crontab for k - using an empty one

@reboot source /Users/k/virtualenvs/deluge/bin/activate && deluged > /dev/null 2>&1 &
@reboot source /Users/k/virtualenvs/deluge/bin/activate && deluge-web -f > /dev/null 2>&1
But how do I save it? :?

EDIT: google finally solved my problem :roll:
Last edited by fancyclown on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fancyclown

Post by fancyclown »

Alright, after a lot of googling i found out that the editor terminal use is named VI and then I could save the crontab.

But when I run deluge I get this error:

Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-cadnfM/:0".
/Users/k/virtualenvs/deluge/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge-1.2.1-py2.6-macosx-10.6-i386.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/common.py:228: GtkWarning: Kunde inte hitta ikonen "deluge". Temat "hicolor"
kunde inte heller hittas. Du kanske måste installera det.
Du kan få tag i en kopia från:
	http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases
  return icon_theme.load_icon("deluge", 64, 0)
Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
Abort trap
The parts in swedish says roughly:
Could'nt find the icon "deluge". The theme "hicolor" could'nt be found either. You may have to install it. You can get a copy from: http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases

So my question is how and where do I install the theme and will this solve the "extension "RANDR" missing on display" and "Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)" problems too?

please help :!:

EDIT: found this in another thread:
If you try this on Snow Leopard (10.6.2), you'll likely get this error:

Abort trap

This is because boost with +python26 currently links against the wrong python in Snow Leopard. For the time being, you can relink it by hand:

sudo install_name_tool -change /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python /opt/local/lib/libboost_python-mt.dylib

After doing this, Deluge started up just fine for me.
This made deluge start up and work for me too. :)

Now I just need to know how to install the hicolor theme. :!:
Last edited by fancyclown on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
genezkool323
New User
New User

Post by genezkool323 »

Hi,

I followed most of the instructions and got to compiling deluge. The daemon (deluged) seems to run pretty fine with the WebUI but after I tried to run deluge, I received this error:

(deluge):~ <user>$ deluge
[ERROR   ] 13:03:56 ui:146 No module named gobject
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/oliverdutta/virtualenvs/deluge/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge-1.2.1-py2.6-macosx-10.6-universal.egg/deluge/ui/ui.py", line 127, in __init__
    from deluge.ui.gtkui.gtkui import GtkUI
  File "/Users/oliverdutta/virtualenvs/deluge/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge-1.2.1-py2.6-macosx-10.6-universal.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from gtkui import start
  File "/Users/oliverdutta/virtualenvs/deluge/lib/python2.6/site-packages/deluge-1.2.1-py2.6-macosx-10.6-universal.egg/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py", line 40, in <module>
    from twisted.internet import gtk2reactor
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python/twisted/internet/gtk2reactor.py", line 35, in <module>
    import gobject
ImportError: No module named gobject
[ERROR   ] 13:03:56 ui:147 There was an error whilst launching the request UI: gtk
[ERROR   ] 13:03:56 ui:148 Look at the traceback above for more information.
Can anyone help me? I googled it, but I have no idea how to fix this in relation to MacPorts and Deluge.
bmuusrule

Post by bmuusrule »

hey guys,

i'm a terminal n00b, and was just wondering if a kind soul could clarify the terminal entries for steps 4-5.

the rest of the steps (6 to the end) seem pretty clear, and if i could just get to the point where i could enter " mkvirtualenv deluge " in step 6, i would be very happy.

thanks!

p.s. by 'clarify' steps 4-5 i meant specifically which commands use
ckpcw

Post by ckpcw »

Registered to say THANKS! Great tutorial

Just got Deluge 1.2.3 up and running on Snow Leopard 1.6.2 using this guide (latest deluge and libtorrent).

I had been mucking around in port, but this did the trick nicely.
comedian

Post by comedian »

@fancyclown - your error has nothing to do with the hicolor theme. The "can't find hicolor icon" error is innocuous, and Deluge will run in spite of it if properly configured. The pertinent part of your error is
which typically means that you compiled Deluge against the system (built-in python), and not the macports python. This is fairly difficult to fix. I had this happen to me and basically had to remove macports, the virtualenv directories, and start over from scratch. Sorry.

@genezkool323 - no idea what is causing this error, but it probably results from a misstep somewhere in your process. You're going to have to start over.

@bmuusrule - Change step 4
Put this in your ~/.bashrc
to
edit your ~/.profile file with the following command "open /Applications/Textedit.app ~/.profile" and put this code at the bottom
Step 5 is actually the command you need to use from the terminal prompt "source ./profile"
fancyclown

Re: Tutorial: Deluge 1.2.0 and flexget up and running in 30m

Post by fancyclown »

thanks for the explanation comedian! :D
I have been running Deluge 1.2.1 for quite a while now but need to update to the latest version. Can anyone please tell me the most appropriate way to do this?

THANKS!