Tutorial: Deluge 1.2.0 and flexget up and running in 30mins

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Tutorial: Deluge 1.2.0 and flexget up and running in 30m

Post by Cas »

to build a new deluge version repeat steps 11-14 but with latest version 1.2.3 and libtorrent 0.14.10 (or 0.15.0)
fancyclown

Post by fancyclown »

Cas wrote:to build a new deluge version repeat steps 11-14 but with latest version 1.2.3 and libtorrent 0.14.10 (or 0.15.0)
Thanks! got the latest version up and running now :D

A tiny issue with both v. 1.2.1 and 1.2.3 that I noticed is that the download of a torrent often stops at 99.97% or something close to that and won't finish until a restart of deluge. Anyone else have that problem?
comedian

Post by comedian »

fancyclown wrote: A tiny issue with both v. 1.2.1 and 1.2.3 that I noticed is that the download of a torrent often stops at 99.97% or something close to that and won't finish until a restart of deluge. Anyone else have that problem?
I've had that problem once or twice, but not consistently. Sometimes a "Force Re-check" fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. Restarting the daemon always resolves it (you don't have to restart the Deluge client, just the back-end daemon).
azotas

Post by azotas »

You could Create a video Tutorial, because some of these steps isn't very clear :]
fancyclown

Post by fancyclown »

Has anyone tried to install 1.3.0 yet? I removed 1.2.3 and updated to the latest version
but can't get it to work correctly. :(

The first problem was that the .egg files in "deluge/plugins" wasn't created after
python setup.py install. I tried to create them myself and then move the .egg's to the
.config folder but some of the plugins like the webui doesn't work.

I can start Deluge and change the settings etc. but when I try to add a torrent nothing happens.

Any ideas what to do? :|
comedian

Post by comedian »

fancyclown wrote:Has anyone tried to install 1.3.0 yet? I removed 1.2.3 and updated to the latest version
but can't get it to work correctly. :(

The first problem was that the .egg files in "deluge/plugins" wasn't created after
python setup.py install. I tried to create them myself and then move the .egg's to the
.config folder but some of the plugins like the webui doesn't work.

I can start Deluge and change the settings etc. but when I try to add a torrent nothing happens.

Any ideas what to do? :|
I've had all the 1.3.0_RC versions working successfully under Snow Leopard for some time now. Although every time I upgrade, I completely wipe out the old version to insure compatibility, which is a whole process unto itself.

I haven't yet tried to compile with the release version, however.

The guide needs serious updating. I'd do it, but I am no the thread creator, and don't know if I want to start a new, non-stickied thread.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

comedian wrote:The guide needs serious updating. I'd do it, but I am no the thread creator, and don't know if I want to start a new, non-stickied thread.
You could update the wiki: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Installing/MacOSX
Sammi
New User
New User

Post by Sammi »

johnnyg wrote:
comedian wrote:The guide needs serious updating. I'd do it, but I am no the thread creator, and don't know if I want to start a new, non-stickied thread.
You could update the wiki: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Installing/MacOSX
I was expecting some kind of outdated guide on that page.

What I got was an exercise in circular logic.
loki

Post by loki »

By all means if someone wants to write an updated guide, we can make it a sticky thread.
comedian

Post by comedian »

loki wrote:By all means if someone wants to write an updated guide, we can make it a sticky thread.
Done.