The Port

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
theblacksails

The Port

Post by theblacksails »

I'm assuming that this section means that there is one planned?

This would be awesome as Transmission (the current best bt client on Mac OS) doesn't support encryption.
I tried this on Xubuntu on my MacBook about a week or so ago and was very impressed.

One feature that should be inluded if it's planned is a Quicksilver type option to have it run in menu bar / dock / both.

If you need beta testers sign me up :D

[/my 2¢]
theblacksails

Re: The Port

Post by theblacksails »

Got so excited I cobbled together an about interface :roll:

I later fixed the placement of the license button too ;)
dtg
New User
New User

Post by dtg »

Transmission is a joke because it doesn't even have encryption. In 2007 with all the ISP's legally questionable blocking and packet filtering of Bit Torrent traffic, encryption is one of the most key features a client must have. AZ is bloated and Transmission is incomplete IMO so Deluge would be a savior.
dtg
New User
New User

Post by dtg »

Rather then sit around and expect others to do this, I'm going to attempt to port this to the mac if I get the chance. I'm going to attempt this because I have some familarity with all the technologies and APIs in involved. I've worked with Python before at class (Comp Sci Major), I own macs and have some experience with interface builder and cocoa, and finally I've built some small applications with GTK+, glade, and C++. So I figured I'm in a unique position to clone the glade GUIs to Mac OS X NIBs and then mod the Python calls to work with PyOBJ and create a native Mac OS X port.

Anyways that would be ideal. I do have the start of my senior year which involves my Operating Systems class, as well as my senior project, technical writing course, and Linear Algebra (this clas should be a cake walk). I also have to finish an AJAX website for another community first but that is coming to a close and so hopefully in my spare time when not working on my senior project I will have time to port Deluge to Mac OS X and have it done sometime this winter.

Figured I would let people know my plans. Keep in mind I'm not starting this write away so you don't have to consult me if someone else wants to get started. Instead if someone else does get started post about it here so that when I'm ready I can help out.