Finally compiled right!... But it doesn't run

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
charmedguy18
New User
New User

Finally compiled right!... But it doesn't run

Post by charmedguy18 »

Agh so for the first time... Finally Deluge compiled & installed correctly on Snow Leopard(10.6.2).

The reason it wasn't compiling at first was because boost-nopython was installed so I installed from Fink boost1.35-python25(-shlibs).

However, the only one that compiles and installs (I've tried a few, including the SVN, etc) is the newest update, Deluge 1.2.0 RC3. It was a quick compiling process as opposed to the 20m-30m I usually would wait for the long, unsuccessful compiling process I had in other versions. It was just like compiling it when I was using openSUSE and I compiled the latest source. Probably a minute or two and it was done and installed.

As I sat here relieved, I put in terminal:

Code: Select all

deluge
and continued.
It was unsuccessful in loading, giving me this feedback:

Code: Select all

Last login: Mon Nov  9 20:30:10 on ttys000
Cavin-MacBook-Pro:~ Cavin$ deluge
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/deluge", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('deluge==1.2.0-rc3', 'console_scripts', 'deluge')()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 271, in load_entry_point
    return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 2174, in load_entry_point
    return ep.load()
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/python/pkg_resources.py", line 1907, in load
    entry = __import__(self.module_name, globals(),globals(), ['__name__'])
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/deluge-1.2.0_rc3-py2.6.egg/deluge/main.py", line 47, in <module>
    import deluge.common
  File "/Library/Python/2.6/site-packages/deluge-1.2.0_rc3-py2.6.egg/deluge/common.py", line 66, in <module>
    import xdg, xdg.BaseDirectory
ImportError: No module named xdg
Cavin-MacBook-Pro:~ Cavin$ 
I do have all xdg packages from Fink installed.

I realized that it was installed in the python 2.6 directory and I definitely have boost1.35-python25(-shlibs) installed so after I post this I will try installing boost1.35-python26(-shlibs), then recompiling, then installing. Hopefully this will be a bit more successful although I feel not so hopeful in that aspect. :\
In the likely case that doesn't make a difference, does anyone have any ideas?

P.S.: If I actually get this working, will it be run in X11? I despise using X11 for these types of apps since it's hard to interact back and forth between OS X and X11 (showing a torrent in finder from X11 Ktorrent, for example, is extremely frustrating and makes it unusable... there's more to that).

Edit:
As I expected, that did not work. So now I just am wondering what is wrong and how to make this work as this is my favorite client for Mac. Mac really does not have a good non-paid bit torrent so this would be a great thing to have for it.
charmedguy18
New User
New User

Re: Finally compiled right!... But it doesn't run

Post by charmedguy18 »

Anyone?
comedian

Post by comedian »

I'd try dumping Fink and using MacPorts. http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 13&t=26085 should work for you if you substitute Xcode 3.2.1 for 3.1.4 in that faq. I'd try it myself, but I haven't been brave enough to install Snow Leopard yet.
charmedguy18
New User
New User

Post by charmedguy18 »

comedian wrote:I'd try dumping Fink and using MacPorts. http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 13&t=26085 should work for you if you substitute Xcode 3.2.1 for 3.1.4 in that faq. I'd try it myself, but I haven't been brave enough to install Snow Leopard yet.
I used to use MacPorts. Honestly, I don't know why it's got recognition compared to Fink from Apple... I switched to Fink, just to try it, when I had a situation where my hard drive and all its data was lost (before I got a backup).
Once I did switch, I realized I'd never use MacPorts again. I've had more success overall, with most packages than I have with MacPorts. Things just tend to work better with Fink. Also, there are binaries so that means less time compiling and that's worth so much when it will take hours to compile some things.
comedian

Post by comedian »

Lol I went the other way for the same reason. (Except the binaries issue.)