Deluge won't build on Snow Leopard 10.6.1? :(

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
charmedguy18
New User
New User

Deluge won't build on Snow Leopard 10.6.1? :(

Post by charmedguy18 »

So, I finally got it to go all the way to the end in the way of all the dependencies. Every time I tried to build it before, the dependencies failed so I ended up having to install most of them seperately (that was quite a task to say the least) and so now, I am almost touching the finish line and I got this error. I'd paste it here, but it's the debug and I don't want to seem like I'm spamming. ha and obviously, I'm not too concerned with my name being published in full. :p

I've tried:

Code: Select all

sudo port clean deluge
and

sudo port clean all
and

sudo port selfupdate
and

sudo port upgrade outdated
and

sudo port -v sync
and obviously, it goes without saying

sudo port install deluge
All multiple times and still nothing. I really would like this program! :(
If there is a way to use the source download from this website and build it manually, if anyone knows how to do that I'd really love some help. I'd like the newer version anyway. I've tried just following the directions that it gives to install from source but, of course it didn't work, I'm assuming because the source is meant for Linux.

I'm thinking this has something to do with Snow Leopard. But I'm not advanced enough to decipher what exactly is the problem and if I can fix it (if it's fixable at all).

Thanks in advance! :D
-Cavin

Edit: I did ask someone who did not help but thought that it was because I didn't have boost installed. I did, and I do still. What was funny was that on Porticus it said I needed boost +python25 and so, I installed that at first. But when he told me that, I decided to get a regular boost download instead of some variant.
Well, regardless of that, it still gives me the same basic error. And also, you can only activate one boost at a time. So, no success still. :\
jrabbit

Re: Deluge won't build on Snow Leopard 10.6.1? :(

Post by jrabbit »

You need the no python boost. Deluge doesn't use it libtorrent does. And yes if you have boost you can read the FAQ and build libtorrent and deluge by hand... Not a hard task.
e: I have no idea if macport's deluge works or not I don't have it installed anywhere.
comedian

Re: Deluge won't build on Snow Leopard 10.6.1? :(

Post by comedian »

The deluge 1.1.9 in Macports is broken for all Leopard(s) as far as I can tell. Try building per the instructions in http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 13&t=26085 only substitute Xcode 3.2.1 for 3.1.4 in that faq.