Best way to get 1.1.8 running on OS X

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
macdelugeplease

Best way to get 1.1.8 running on OS X

Post by macdelugeplease »

So what's the best way to get 1.1.8 running on OS X? I'm installing Deluge via Macports and the terminal command "sudo ports install deluge" and it's been stuck on "Building boost" for forever now. (Yet my fan is still running a million miles an hour and it's eating up my processor like crazy so maybe it's still working.) 1.1.5 isn't allowed on many private torrent trackers so I need a later release.

Thanks in advance.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Best way to get 1.1.8 running on OS X

Post by johnnyg »

macdelugeplease

Isn't that for 1.1.1?
seventoes
New User
New User

Post by seventoes »

I think it's 1.1.5 actually, still not the most recent though.. I really wish the mac support was better for deluge.. I <3 it :cry:
macdelugeplease

seventoes wrote:I think it's 1.1.5 actually, still not the most recent though.. I really wish the mac support was better for deluge.. I <3 it :cry:
Yeah, 1.1.5 isn't whitelisted on most private trackers, too. I need 1.1.7 or 1.1.8. I miss it. I'm about to just install Ubuntu on Fusion and virtualize Deluge.
jrabbit

Post by jrabbit »

If you have 1.1.5 working form that you have everything you need to install 1.1.8 I am not sure however that you have the capacity to build libtorrent. You probably do if you used fink's official unstable where they don't provide binaries. On a side note I'm posting my launch script for deluge and one for deluged in a DMG today.