Deluge/Fink DMG 1.1.1

Support for Deluge on Apple Mac OS
jrabbit

Deluge/Fink DMG 1.1.1

Post by jrabbit »

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/457451/Deluge.dmg

This installer contains 3 things of interest, A deluge.app launcher (fink but I can try and get a macports one to work, I just need the init.sh for you guys.), a Fink .deb for 10.5/Intel, and my deluge.info + deluge.path (For compiling deluge in fink)
Anything that needs to be fixed you can let me know here. In a bit I'll get to test this on my clean install and see what breaks.
mormolocu
New User
New User

Re: Deluge/Fink DMG 1.1.1

Post by mormolocu »

I tried to install, but i get an error.
…run prefligh script for deluge_1.1.1-1_darwin-i386…

There is a dependence that failed to build:
Failed: phase compiling: pyxdg-py25-0.15-1 failed
jrabbit

Post by jrabbit »

mormolocu wrote:I tried to install, but i get an error.
…run prefligh script for deluge_1.1.1-1_darwin-i386…

There is a dependence that failed to build:
Failed: phase compiling: pyxdg-py25-0.15-1 failed
Hrm. Do you use the Stable or Unstable branch? pyxdg-py25-0.15-1 might not exist in stable :D
Also you can do it manually or adjust the deps off my entry on the wiki, http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/BuildWithFink

I believe the issue may be the lack of python25
trainstroker

Post by trainstroker »

I kept getting errors so i built from source with the option you provided. it was a bitch, and there is a severe lack of documentation. thank god im a geek and know my way around code. I had to install setuptools for python. also the patch command doesnt work because -p expects a numerical argument.
jrabbit

Post by jrabbit »

trainstroker wrote:I kept getting errors so i built from source with the option you provided. it was a bitch, and there is a severe lack of documentation. thank god im a geek and know my way around code. I had to install setuptools for python. also the patch command doesnt work because -p expects a numerical argument.
Yuck! Thanks for dropping a reply. I'll make sure to add it as a dep. Thanks for mentioning it.
Edit: http://pastie.org/391445 This is an updated .info for 1.1.3 and should have setuptools-py25 :D
trainstroker

Post by trainstroker »

wow a maintainer that actually maintains his contributions. well, heres more info whether or not you can make anything of it. its my bash history. Also, I managed to add a torrent file to the daemon on my local server. i did so by adding it via URL. it may be also possible to share the client computer's harddrive over the network, and then add a torrent via .torrent file that way.

http://pastebin.com/f8f66d76

btw I may have gotten side trecked a little, and i also went off on several tangents which ended in dead ends.
trainstroker

Post by trainstroker »

oh and i had to manually patch setup.py because the patch command wasn't working.
jrabbit

Post by jrabbit »

aha I see where the patch went wrong for you or the installer dumped it in the wrong place,

Code: Select all

cd Failed: Cannot read PatchFile "/sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/[b]deluge.info/deluge.patch[/b]
Bolded section is wrong :\ deluge.info should only be a file and the patch should be in /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/ with it.

And as for the Unstable I'll add a test to the fink logic in the mpkg for unstable and document it (This post is a TDL for me :) )

e: If you want to dl to a remote client you can use NFS, if you have a reasonably fast network it's not an issue. OSX supports this natively, I still can't get user mapping to work in debian XD
trainstroker

Post by trainstroker »

yeah i noticed errors about the .patch not being found.
macdelugeplease

Post by macdelugeplease »

Hi, I downloaded the above linked dmg but it was empty for some reason. It showed "0 items, 3 MB."

Any chance we can get an updated version for Deluge 1.1.8 for Fink with some instructions? I have kTorrent running in Fink but I got it from their repository and not from source, so I would need some instructions on how to install Deluge from a downloaded source. Thanks.