crash on 0.5.6.96

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
diverius

crash on 0.5.6.96

Post by diverius »

i keep getting crash when starting program from the deluge ... the crash states that there are some error on mvrct.dll and a runtime c++ error .. sometimes

and i found out that the system did not update the statistic real time.. the graph said the download are at 50 Kb but the stat on the table isnt ??

using p4 xpsp 2 dht enabled
mynogan

Re: crash on 0.5.6.96

Post by mynogan »

I have a similar experience. Deluge frequently crashes when a download completes. Culprit seems to be mvcrt.dll. On restarting deluge freezes on attempting to import blocklist.
Reverted to 0.5.6.1 which is much more stable for me. Have better overall upload/download speeds; less occurrence of port closing/opening than in latest version.
Rockyblizzard

Post by Rockyblizzard »

When I was just updated to 0.5.6.96, it was just fine until yesterday when it keep on crashing.

Runtime Error.

I uninstall and reinstall then it works for a while then crash again.

So I disabled all the plugins but still crashing then I disabled Detailed Progress Bar.
After that no more crash.
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

i keep getting crashes after a few hours of running this new version. But previous version also crashes very often.

The crash would produce some error about reference to memory "0x0000000" failed or something like that. I already has advanced progress bar disabled and only the two standard plugins enabled. Any idea?
diverius

Post by diverius »

try uninstalling the deluge

restart
remove the setting from Document and Settings\username\deluge\
then install back ..

turning off the advanced progress gives me non updated table and progress but still running the dl.. better than nothing or crashing every 2-3 hours..
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

i already did that a few times. Don't tell me we need to keep on uninstall and reinstall everytime deluge starts to crack. That ain't proper. How could it go unstable that it need to be uninstalled? What's the logic behind this? Deleting the preference files, that I understand. But uninstall? Files get corrupted every now and then?

We really need to seriously look into this problem. I ain't no programmer, so I can't help if it's code problems. But I don't mind doing some testing and all on my windows machine. Cause my ubuntu machine is running 0.5.6.2 fine (touchwood). So I do not want to disturb that perfect balance of chi there.

edit: Okay, I did a little more research and from the error I got again today, it's something to do with msvcrt.dll file. So, I found a few version of such file in my system. Anyone can let me know the version of msvcrt.dll file you are using? That is, for winxp system that is running deluge stably.

Thanks.
mynogan

Post by mynogan »

Updated to 0.5.7, and yeap, pronto, it crashed after a few hours. Again the culprit seems to be our friend msvcrt.dll file. Did a search and found several versions of the file my system. The one in the \windows\system32 is 7.0.2600.2180.
After the crash, I disabled the Detailed Progress Bar and so far no crash yet (touch wood).
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Post by abubin »

mine is also 7.0.2600.2180 as well. So far, been running for a half a day without crash. Also turned off advanced progress bar. Usually it crashes overnight. Let's see how this goes.
mynogan

Post by mynogan »

just when you think you are safe, Deluge crashed several times in the last few minutes :(. It has been stable more than three hours.
Decided to reboot the pc -- crash might have destabilized windows xp, esp when i had to kill the daemon-deluge process manually.
Yes, it usually crashed overnight. Going keep 0.5.7 for a while longer; if there are more crashes, it seems better for me to revert to 0.5.6.2

[update]
Can't figure why 0.5.7 keeps crashing -- even tho disabled almost all the plugins and non-essential features
going back to 0.5.6.2 till the next release

[update]
tried 0.5.7.1 ... very good speed ... looks like a bit more stable ... but still crashes due to msvcrt.dll
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

abubin wrote:How could it go unstable that it need to be uninstalled? What's the logic behind this? Deleting the preference files, that I understand. But uninstall? Files get corrupted every now and then?
Sometimes things go wrong during installation, sometimes the installer itself is corrupted. I know that constant upgrading can sometimes cause corrupted files. But your problem seems to be reoccurring too often to be caused by that. I'll post my mscvrt.dll version next time I'm in XP.