deluge refuses to start even reinstalled

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

deluge refuses to start even reinstalled

Post by abubin »

I just downloaded latest version of deluge windows and installed on my windows XP. It was running fine until I tried to enable the block sites plugin. That plugin had problem downloading blocklist and I ended up having to stop dbus and deluge process. After that I can't open deluge anymore. When I run deluge, only the small icon appear at the task bar. I tried double clicking on this small icon but nothing happens.

Next, I deleted the preference files in c:/document and settings/<user>/deluge but the problem still happen after I answer the setup wizard.

Next, I rebooted my PC and deleted preference but still same.

Next, I removed deluge and install again. Still same after I answered the setup wizard.

Any idea?
abubin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: deluge refuses to start even reinstalled

Post by abubin »

ahhh..solved the problem.

I have to uninstall deluge.

Delete all preferences in user deluge folder. Delete whole deluge installation folder. Then reboot machine. Install deluge again.

When asked about where to store torrent. Just leave it to default of "ask where to store each time". Once deluge starts, then only change settings from preferences. Only default plugins are enabled.

Hmm...I wonder why these plugins are so wonky. Is it problem with the plugin or the core?