Bugs on 0.5.6.2

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
blindbox
New User
New User

Bugs on 0.5.6.2

Post by blindbox »

0.5.6.2 has port closing bug. I left my download for a night and the port closes itself. So I'm going back to 0.5.6.1.

Found yet another bug, probably on both 0.5.6.1 and 0.5.6.2. I had to press deluge icon twice before it runs. Strange huh.

And another. This time it is on 0.5.6.2. Deluge rarely check out the countries on 0.5.6.2.

Found another one, which has been here for a long time (not sure if it is a bug). 0.5.6.2 (and the rest of the windows versions) preference window is not bound to deluge i.e. deluge wont minimize with the preference window. I was also able to open up tons of preference windows due to this.

This is for the windows version (I am posting in the windows port, anyway).

Sup to you too eq8all. Editing this just so that my next post is a bug report 8-) .
Last edited by blindbox on Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suomynona.Eno

Re: Bugs on 0.5.6.2

Post by Suomynona.Eno »

Whatup there blind bro. eq8all here.. :D .Since I don't plan to add more redundant threads, I think this 1 is suitably titled to continue a few things.

Here's my findings for versions 0.5.6.1 till 0.5.6.2:-
Platform: Windows XP Professional SP2
ISP: TM Streamyx
Bandwidth shaping: YES
Additional info: Ports forwarded with disabled uPnP and DHT. NO problems here with none of that opened/closed anomalies.

1. Abnormal seeding
Not that aggressive at occurrences but only for specific torrents with private trackers.It seems that starting from version 0.5.6.1, said torrents 'didn't have to' be fully completed to be seeded. Usually happens at above 95% before I had to figure that I had to run the torrent again (remove from list and adding it back again) to finally complete it.

2. Possible causes for crashes.
- Different client torrents' resumption = BAD for Deluge

I'll clarify...Prior to giving 0.5.6.2, I have 2 torrents at 89 and 72% respectively and had tested those just for kicks with BitTyrant. When I figured that it sucked more than Deluge, I just went on to completely uninstall it and proceeded to resume those same torrents with ver 0.5.6.2. File checks went normally right till I attempt to 'Pause' the same files, it'll pop out the Win error reporting msg window (which is a 1st for me I might add).I NEVER HAD the same issue of resumptions with the same torrents before since alphas until I narrowed it down that those same files were never 'rewritten' with anything else than Deluge until I made that mistake with BitTyrant. Now I can still resume the same files and achieve good speeds nonetheless but the client will repeat the behavior at pause and will rerun file checks at every client run. Tried to replicate the issue with other clients like uTorrent, Ares and BitTornado but those clients yielded the total opposite result and works fine at resumption and closures.

It's a bit of an annoyance really but at least now I'm pretty sure about what's going on with those. Hope that it'll get fixed with the next version and I'm pretty positive about that. Really grateful for the speeds I'm getting even with the said issues and I'm not about to revert back to previous versions.Let's hope that I don't corrupt those downloads along the way and even if it does well...it's another 'test' for that matter.