Deluge 0.5.6 update deleted plugin folder

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
bachok83

Deluge 0.5.6 update deleted plugin folder

Post by bachok83 »

When i updated to latest Deluge 0.5.6 today, it deleted my FlexRSS plugin folder. Thankfully, FlexRSS does not save the saved information in that folder. So i went back and download the plugin, and the old settings are still there.. :D

I would recommend that the updates do not delete unknown plugin for no reasons. Maybe the updates can warn about the plugins or something..
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge 0.5.6 update deleted plugin folder

Post by markybob »

bachok83 wrote:When i updated to latest Deluge 0.5.6 today, it deleted my FlexRSS plugin folder. Thankfully, FlexRSS does not save the saved information in that folder. So i went back and download the plugin, and the old settings are still there.. :D

I would recommend that the updates do not delete unknown plugin for no reasons. Maybe the updates can warn about the plugins or something..
this isnt a "deluge" thing. we dont delete anything. it's a package manager thing from your distribution. so blame dpkg or apt or apitude or synaptic or whatever you used.
bachok83

Post by bachok83 »

yeah, im using the windows installer. is deluge windows installer is officially supported by deluge developers?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

bachok83 wrote:yeah, im using the windows installer. is deluge windows installer is officially supported by deluge developers?
i dont know how i didnt notice that this was in the windows topic...sorry. and you're right. i'll see about that.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

markybob wrote:
bachok83 wrote:yeah, im using the windows installer. is deluge windows installer is officially supported by deluge developers?
i dont know how i didnt notice that this was in the windows topic...sorry. and you're right. i'll see about that.
here, i just added this to the faq. should fix your problem. http://deluge-torrent.org/faq#6n49