0 byte files?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
astro
New User
New User

0 byte files?

Post by astro »

I've been using Deluge for a few weeks and like the program. But, I have a strange and rather upsetting situation re a number of video files that I downloaded and stored in a folder. The files are automatically moved into this folder by Deluge upon completion. A large number of the files from a few weeks ago are showing "0" bytes. Recent files in the same folder are fine. I'm positive that I could play these files after they were downloaded. The odd thing is that 0 byte files show a picture in the icon from the actual video file. I don't understand how the file can be 0 bytes but still display the icon video capture. (win 10 pr0)

I'm not certain this is a Deluge issue, but the "finished" folder that Deluge is moving the file to (on same external USB drive as the download folder) is the only folder showing this issue. None of the other folders on the same HD containing videos not downloaded by way of torrents have any O byte files.

Any ideas? Any way to recover those files?

Thank!!
astro
New User
New User

Re: 0 byte files?

Post by astro »

Well, I'm an idiot. I was tempted to remove the post but who knows, maybe my admission of idiocy will prevent someone else from doing this stupid mistake. My only excuse is being new to the program and not thinking very clearly.

So, it seems that I turned on the feature to automatically move completed files to a specified folder....and then forgot that I'd turned on this feature. So, not realizing that the files had already been moved, I manually moved the files via the "move storage" in the right click drop down menu. This results in the fully downloaded file being replaced without warning by a 0 byte file. YIKES. How stupid was that!!!????