How to display a list of items before downloading?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Thebigspire
New User
New User

How to display a list of items before downloading?

Post by Thebigspire »

Hi there,

I have just downloaded Deluge and am already downloading some stuff.

Question: when I open a random torrent file on Deluge, before I start the download is there a way I can see a list of the items of this specific torrent file?

Because sometimes we get some torrent files full of rubbish and we just want to download a part of the file, however, with Deluge I am still not able to figure out this feature. My OS is Windows 7.

Many thanks
Shryp

Re: How to display a list of items before downloading?

Post by Shryp »

The files tab should be the box that pops open when you add the torrent. You can uncheck them there. Also, you could set them not to start automatically and then change them to do not download once they are loaded into deluge.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

If they are magnets then you won't have that list until the metadata is downloaded.
Thebigspire
New User
New User

Post by Thebigspire »

Thanks for your reply Shryp.

However, I can't see what you say. Whenever I open a torrent file in Deluge, the window that pops-up is the one below and it's empty:

As you can see, there are no files there (I'm sorry, it's in Portuguese and I didn't manage to change the language, but the content is the same).
I manage to visualize the files that are in a torrent file only after having it already downloading, then I look at the bottom and am able to see it like this:

Thebigspire
New User
New User

Post by Thebigspire »

Cas, thanks as well, however, as soon as I start downloading the torrent I'm able to see the list (as screen shot above), but I needed it before.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

As Cas was saying, with magnet links you can not see what is inside the torrent until after it started downloading.
Archdregs

Post by Archdregs »

Shryp wrote:As Cas was saying, with magnet links you can not see what is inside the torrent until after it started downloading.
So, there is no way to preview magnet links even with newest version?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I am actually just working on it for 2.0
larry
New User
New User

Post by larry »

Sorry to revive an old topic, but my question continues on from here.

If i were to add a new torrent via a magnet link, is there any where to only fetch (or download) the torrent data from the URI before it starts to download the individual files?
OR
Is there any method or plugin to run a script when this completes, like an event that is sent over RPC or similar when it finishes?

I am current writing a Java app for deluge automation with torrent and have got RPC working with individual requests and responses, but this last component has stumped me.
Pavan355
New User
New User

Post by Pavan355 »

Hello everyone.
Click on the icon on the top right corner and choose Settings from the dropdown list. This will expand the settings list. Scroll down to the Downloads section. Then check the box next to Ask where to save each file before downloading.