Cannot Save to Mapped Drives - Tried Everything

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
bzowk
New User
New User

Cannot Save to Mapped Drives - Tried Everything

Post by bzowk »

Hey Guys -

Thanks for all of the work you do with Deluge - I'm a big fan and appreciate it! Recently, I made the switch from using the Linux version of Deluge to Windows. It's almost exactly the same. For various reasons, I have Deluge and a VPN client installed on a brand new & dedicated Windows 7 x64 VM build (fully patched.) I have pre-configured everything including reverse DNS and it works great - except for one major thing.

As I have in the past, I created labels and have each set to copy downloaded files into a specific folder. Since Deluge is on a VM with little drive space, I have it caching / saving incompletes locally, but have set the path to save complete media to a mapped drive. Unfortunately, I have yet to be able to save completed files to mapped drives yet. When it finishes anything, I get the below in the log:
Could not move storage for torrent xxx-hashvalue-xxx since D:\Downloads\Shows does not exist and could not create the directory: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'D:\\'.
I've researched and tried all of the below. Some came from these forums, but none worked:
- Tried using a different letter (Z: instead of D:) for mapped drive (per forum post I found)
- Tried not mapping to an admin share
- Verified share had full share & NTFS permissions for "Everyone" (I can easily copy the files manually without issue)
- Uninstalled Deluge + all configurations then reinstalled and reconfigured
- Tried using a shorter path by mapping directly to the Downloads folder (making the path for it to copy to "D:\Shows")
- Tried mapping to admin share and folder share
- Tried paths with & without spaces & special characters in name
- Tried setting it to a UNC path. When setting it to "\\192.168.0.25\downloads\shows", I got the below error in the log:
Could not move storage for torrent xxx-hashvalue-xxx since \\192.168.0.25\downloads\shows does not exist and could not create the directory: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'\\\\192.168.0.25\\downloads\\'
As you can see, this error was actually "access denied" even though the user has full rights to the folder plus credentials saved in Windows (not domain joined).

This is really frustrating for something that should be incredibly simple. Any ideas or suggestions? Until solved, I think I may just use BTSync between the two boxes even though I don't have too much space available on the VM.

Environment Details
- System with Deluge Installed
---- Brand New Windows 7 x64 VM build / fully patched / ESXi 6.5 host
---- Deluge 1.3.15 (Client & Server)
---- Deluge running as service executing "deluged-debug.exe" with parameters defining path to config files in local user's profile (default path)
---- No custom changes made to conf files as reverse proxy set up using RequestHeader solution which is hosted on primary PC below
- System I'm Mapping to
---- Windows 10 x64 (fully patched)
---- Standard SMB share using IP - not hostname - in UNC path
---- Dragging downloaded files/folders over from cache folder to mapped destination folder outside of Deluge works 100% fine
-Other
---- Systems have 1gbps connection over ethernet
---- Win10 box has physical NIC but Deluge box has virtualized one (E1000)

Snippets Conf Files
To note, I get the same error if I select a mapped drive for "Move completed downloads to:" or choose a mapped path in label options. Below are snippets of the pertaining conf file for each:

Example of mapped Path from label.conf
"shows": {
"max_download_speed": -1.0,
"stop_at_ratio": false,
"apply_move_completed": true,
"apply_queue": false,
"auto_add": false,
"max_upload_slots": -1,
"prioritize_first_last": false,
"move_completed": true,
"max_connections": -1,
"is_auto_managed": false,
"max_upload_speed": -1.0,
"auto_add_trackers": [],
"remove_at_ratio": false,
"stop_ratio": 2.0,
"move_completed_path": "D:\\- Downloads -\\Shows",
"apply_max": false
},
Snippet from core.conf
"complete": {
"max_download_speed": -1.0,
"stop_at_ratio": false,
"apply_move_completed": true,
"apply_queue": false,
"auto_add": false,
"max_upload_slots": -1,
"prioritize_first_last": false,
"move_completed": true,
"max_connections": -1,
"is_auto_managed": false,
"max_upload_speed": -1.0,
"auto_add_trackers": [],
"remove_at_ratio": false,
"stop_ratio": 2.0,
"move_completed_path": "D:\\- Downloads -\\Complete",
"apply_max": false
},
Please help - Thanks!
HtomSirveaux
New User
New User

Re: Cannot Save to Mapped Drives - Tried Everything

Post by HtomSirveaux »

I'm on my iPhone so I don't have a computer in front of me to try it, but I'm fairly sure it's going to have something to do with the fact that you're running it as a service. I can't recall if services let you specify the user they run as but I'll bet it's currently different then the user you're using to test manually dragging the files. Either that or services are somehow restricted from accessing network shares.

Hopefully that's enough to go on, but worst case you might need to set your windows VM to log itself in automatically on boot and to start deluge automatically on login (something like the start up start menu folder should be good enough)
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Indeed does sound like running as a service is the issue here. You have many options: https://stackoverflow.com/a/182846/175584
Tvich

Post by Tvich »

Make a link.

Code: Select all

mklink /D <Location on local disk> <UNC path to share>
Example:

Code: Select all

mklink /D C:\Downloads \\fileserver01\Deluge_share\c$
P.S. Why are you running deluge in a "service wrapper"? What do you gain?
ffff44
New User
New User

Post by ffff44 »

Instead of running the service as nt authority\system, run it as a local user.

Go to your deluged service properties > Log On tab > Log on as: This account > Browse > <user name> > Check Names > OK > OK

I am now able to use symbolic links to my network share
Attachments
delugedservice.PNG
delugedservice.PNG (94.87 KiB) Viewed 11792 times
anuccite

Post by anuccite »

Changing the Service to Log on as my local account and storing my password is what fixed it for me.