Deluged Service Stuck on "Paused" After Windows 10 Update

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
sndo37
New User
New User

Deluged Service Stuck on "Paused" After Windows 10 Update

Post by sndo37 »

I updated Windows 10 with the new "Creator" update on Wed (April 19), and after my computer restarted I noticed my deluged service wasn't starting properly and so I can no longer connect. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Some notes:
- Running latest version of deluge 1.3.14
- I've downloaded and installed the version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable linked off the deluge site (already did this a while ago, but did it again), however, looks like newer versions of this were installed with the Windows update:
visual C.PNG
visual C.PNG (39.83 KiB) Viewed 12854 times
- I tried restarting the service manually through NSSM and it still got stuck on pause:
nssm.PNG
nssm.PNG (6.27 KiB) Viewed 12854 times
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!:)
sndo37
New User
New User

Re: Deluged Service Stuck on "Paused" After Windows 10 Update

Post by sndo37 »

Replying to bump. Anyone have any suggestions? Happy to provide more info if that would help. Sorry I'm a bit of a noob!
starkebn

Post by starkebn »

I registered to say I've got this problem
Covenn
New User
New User

Post by Covenn »

Yeah, I've had my Deluge configured and running in service mode for months. As soon as I installed the latest Windows 10 update the service refuses to start.

error = "Deluge: Unexpected status SERVICE_PAUSED in response to START control."
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

I've seen this error for multiple other apps on the web, discussion lead to a permission denial when opening a port (so many apps using ports may face this issue). I cannot confirm a perfect match with this topic but it's a lead at least. I'm sure some corrective update will follow if thje assumption is right, in the meanwhile you may have to start Deluge without the service (as App)
sndo37
New User
New User

Post by sndo37 »

Just reporting back to say that I rolled back the windows updates and now everything seems to be back in order.

If anyone finds that a future Deluge and/or Windows update fixes the issue, it would be great if they could report back so that we know we can go ahead with the update.
MutatedHero

Post by MutatedHero »

For additional information, I've been running a clean installation of Windows 10 Creators Update without any issues with Deluge.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Can you pinpoint which update cause the issue?

What would be helpful is to enable logging or debug what is happening with the service. Without that info I am unable help, especially since I don't use Windows.
sndo37
New User
New User

Post by sndo37 »

Cas, thanks for responding!

Good point about the logging! Too late for me to be able to offer that information, but if it happens again when I update in the future, I'll capture it.

I believe the update was Version 1073 -- https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4018124.
tlm
New User
New User

Post by tlm »

Uncheck "Console window" on the "Process" tab of your NSSM service, or set AppNoConsole=1 via the commandline/registry. The last update broke ALL NSSM services which relied on that property being set, not just Deluge. That property is on by default. Alternatively, run the latest pre-release build of NSSM which fixes the issue.