Proxy settings not saving correctly

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Jaladhjin
New User
New User

Proxy settings not saving correctly

Post by Jaladhjin »

so I enter in all the settings I'd like..

hit apply.. or ok.. or both.. doesn't matter..

then when I check them again only 1 is present the rest reset back to nothing :-(

http://imgur.com/a/FjcOX
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Proxy settings not saving correctly

Post by Cas »

That is expected with recent change but proxy will apply to all in this instance. There is an open ticket that details the issue.
Hugoblank

Post by Hugoblank »

For the record,
I'm having the same problem
Hugo
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

There is no issue, it's just a display conundrum. The single proxy (reflected by 'peer') now applies to all types. In order to fix a more serious issue with proxy not being set I thought it better to reset the other unused entries to none, however since this causes more confusion I shall instead mirror the peer setting across all of them.

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2991
dondraper2
New User
New User

PROXY support with 1.3.14 update

Post by dondraper2 »

Windows 10
Deluge 1.3.14

Complete uninstall/reinstall and configure of Deluge on system. Only PEER settings are saved under PROXY (WebSeed/Tracker/DHT settings does save).
Just looking for confirmation WebSeed/Tracker/DHT settings are using PROXY please.

Thanks!
Jaladhjin
New User
New User

Post by Jaladhjin »

Cas wrote:There is no issue, it's just a display conundrum. The single proxy (reflected by 'peer') now applies to all types. In order to fix a more serious issue with proxy not being set I thought it better to reset the other unused entries to none, however since this causes more confusion I shall instead mirror the peer setting across all of them.

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2991
You know what might cause even less confusion.. removing the others if they are not needed..

1 Proxy field.. 1 set of entries.. no one like me asking ever again :D
Last edited by Jaladhjin on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ludwigmeyer
New User
New User

Post by ludwigmeyer »

I'm using linux, but after updating to 1.3.14, I encountered the same issue. I found the references to this change but I'm still not sure the settings are being applied properly.

After setting the proxy, while a check my torrent IP came back correct, I was able to see by using tcpdump that my system was communicating direct with the peers listed in each active torrent. I was only after installing ltconfig and setting 'force_proxy' that all traffic began going only to my proxy ip.

And now I just found that after a restart of the deluged service, the force proxy setting reverted so i was back to peer to peer.