GUIDE: Full torrent Automation with Deluge + Auto extract

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Autocat

GUIDE: Full torrent Automation with Deluge + Auto extract

Post by Autocat »

Disclaimer:
My Guide is not absolute. Meaning there are other ways to achieve full torrent automation and stay anonymous. This is the way I have done it. Learn from it, feel free to comment on it.

2021:
Going to be updated for 2021, stay tuned!

Before I was using a Windows setup, Threadripper CPU and Nvidia P2000 for hardware transcoding. I setup a virtual machine that was always connected to a Mullguard Wireguard VPN server. This virtual windows installation would run all the tools for downloading and media management. My main installation was running 'just' Emby and Plex, so they could make use of the videocard for hardware transcoding. Lots of power most of the time not getting utilized. So I wanted to change to a different setup that would be more energy efficient, as well as seperating Emby/Plex server physically from all the other tools that are running.

Tools required:
Unpackerr
Mullvad
Last edited by Autocat on Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 24 times in total.
willieaames
New User
New User

Re: GUIDE: Torrent Automation with Deluge + Auto extract

Post by willieaames »

Thanks, This is helpful.
seanvree

Post by seanvree »

Robin wrote:
3. Once a torrent finishes downloading, the copycompleted plugin will copy the files into a specific folder depending on the label.

@Robin -

This is a good write-up, however, I'm a bit confused about the CopyCompleted plugin.

I don't understand how it knows what label to move where? IN the settings of the plugin, there is only one PATH? Is that the PATH it's watching for completed torrents, or the path it's going to copy the data to?

What if I only want ONE label's contents to be copied (instead of all torrents that are completed? Is this possible?
Autocat

Post by Autocat »

Sorry for late response, haven't been active between Christmas and new year :) Let me try to answer your question. As for my understanding now, its not possible to only copy content for a single label to a different location. It will copy all completed downloads. For me this is fine, because there always be files left to seed, and I can move away to copied content. Maybe you can ask the creator of the plugin for such feature to be added.

There is indeed 1 path, in my case set to: I:\Deluge\Copied

If no label is applied a completed torrent will be copied to: I:\Deluge\Copied\Torrentname

If a label is applied, the completed torrent will be copied to I:\Deluge\Copied\Labelname\Torrentname

For above to work you need to enable the 'Append label' option which you can check beneath the path setting.

Does this answer your question?
seanvree

Post by seanvree »

Right, the main issue is that copy complete won't know if it's a .rar file or an file that was downloaded from deluge that wasn't in an archive to begin with, so if you have copycomplete move the (based on label) data into a folder that extract now is watching, the problem there is that extract now will extract it, but then you'd have to delete all the files that weren't in a rar file to being with.

Right?

Make sense?
Autocat

Post by Autocat »

Well, it actually does not matter if copycomplete copies archived files or not archived files. Because Couchpotato and Sonarr (after extract by extract now, or when it immediate finds video files) move the files to another location and delete all the leftover files. If extract now runs, it will delete all the archived files by itself. I never have to delete the copied files by myself.
Autocat

Post by Autocat »

For those interested, I recently stopped using CouchPotato as my movie download manager, i'm using Radarr instead.
FVGAZI

Post by FVGAZI »

[quote="Robin"]
The flow:
1. CouchPotato and Sonarr add torrent files into a specific folder - means using blackhole as download option, there is no other way for now.

Wut?!
I've been using Sonarr and Radarr just fine with deluge as the set download client.
In fact I use deluge with Sonarr and extractnow and that's it.
Not sure why you had to go and make such a complicated setup?
Autocat

Post by Autocat »

Hey FVGAZI,

Thank you for your reply. I know there are other download options available that work fine, depending on what your requirements are.

With your setup, are you able to keep seeding till a specific ratio and once ratio is met, all leftover files will be removed? All done automatically?

If so feel free to explain your config more so I and others can learn from it.
QWIKAG

Re: GUIDE: Full torrent Automation with Deluge + Auto extract

Post by QWIKAG »

Thank you for the great Post! :D
Can you please advise how best to setup Deluge, The Downloads Config in Preferences?

For me this is the first step. I need to build the folder structure, and point deluge at the appropriate folders.
I just don't know if I use the defaults or change them to similar in my screen shot.
Then I will concern myself with Sonarr etc.

Please see attached screen shot or this TEXT:
Download to: /mnt/library/Seeding
[Ticked] Move completed to: /mnt/library/Copied/Sonarr
[Ticked] Auto add .torrents from: /mnt/library/Watch/Sonarr
[Ticked] Copy of .torrents files to: /mnt/library/Torrents?

NB: I am using Linux so file paths are a little different to windows.

Thanks Again.
Attachments
Deluge Preferences - Downloads Setting
Deluge Preferences - Downloads Setting
Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 3.42.08 AM.png (43.07 KiB) Viewed 60536 times