GUIDE: Full torrent Automation with Deluge + Auto extract

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Robin
OS or Distro: Windows 10

GUIDE: Full torrent Automation with Deluge + Auto extract

Postby Robin » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:25 pm

I want to show how I achieved torrent automation, with Deluge. This means; Sonarr and Radar radding torrents into Deluge, Deluge downloading them and once done Sonarr and Radarr move the files to their final destination (for Plex to index them).

Not really hard to do, but what if you also want to reach specific seed targets, automatically extract archives and take care of the deletion of torrents who reached their seeding targets without leaving any (leftover) files? Because the extractor plugin is broken (most of the time the torrent does not get extracted) and I could not get the execute plugin to work (an extract script gave the same result as the extractor plugin) it seemed to become a story without an end.

I assume in this guide you have some understanding about how everything works.

My setup:
Windows 10
Deluge 1.3.14 + the following plugins: AutoAdd, Label, CopyCompleted & AutoRemovePlus
ExtractNow
Sonarr
EDIT 03-04-2017: I stopped using CouchPotato, using Radarr instead!

The flow:
1. Radarr and Sonarr add torrent files into a specific folder - means using blackhole as download option, there is no other way for now.
2. AutoAdd plugin will add torrent into Deluge and append label. EDIT 25-04: Because I am seeding more torrents than my SSD can hold, I use Autoadd also to move completed torrents away from the SSD, and move them to a bigger (and cheaper) HDD. They will stay there untill minimum ratio is reached.
3. Once a torrent finishes downloading, the copycompleted plugin will copy the files into a specific folder depending on the label.
4. ExtractNow monitors the folders where the torrent files are beeing copied to. If it finds rar archives it will extract them and delete the rar files. If no rar is found it will not do anything.
5. Sonarr and Couchpotato monitor the 'copied' folders as well, and will move away files suitable for import and delete any leftover files.
6. By using CopyCompleted it means the original torrent files are left untouched and can still be seeded, while sonarr and couchpotato move away the copied files to their final destination.
7. For cleaning the original torrent files AutoRemovePlus comes in to play. It deletes any torrent from deluge (together with the data) that has reached a ratio of 1 and has seeded for 3 days. This way I can get a good ratio on popular torrents and less popular torrents will get deleted once they reach a ratio of 1. I am using private torrent websites only. But even if you use public torrent websites, you should at least seed until you reach a ratio of 1.

Tip: Using public torrent websites? Create a virtual machine that is always connected to a VPN, make sure it has a kill switch in case the VPN gets disconnected. I wont go into to details but much can be found on Google how to set it up. Or use a Seedbox with deluge (much better seeding and download performance, but at extra cost), and use a sync utility like synchting or resilio to copy the copied content to your local machine.

Settings:
Folders: I use a separate SSD for torrent and usenet downloads. For Deluge my folder structure looks like:
I:\Deluge\Seeding > This is the standard folder where incomplete and complete torrents are getting stored.
I:\Deluge\Watch with subfolder Sonarr and CouchpPotato > This are the folders beeing watched by the AutoAdd plugin where Sonarr and CouchPotato drop the torrent files.
I:\Deluge\Copied with subfolder Sonarr and CouchpPotato > This are the folders where completed torrents are copied to by the CopyCompleted plugin.

For now this is it, I will try to extend this guide whenever I have time, feel free to leave any questions :)
Last edited by Robin on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

willieaames
OS or Distro: Windows

Re: GUIDE: Torrent Automation with Deluge + Auto extract

Postby willieaames » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:10 am

Thanks, This is helpful.

seanvree
OS or Distro: windows

Postby seanvree » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Robin wrote:
3. Once a torrent finishes downloading, the copycompleted plugin will copy the files into a specific folder depending on the label.

@Robin -

This is a good write-up, however, I'm a bit confused about the CopyCompleted plugin.

I don't understand how it knows what label to move where? IN the settings of the plugin, there is only one PATH? Is that the PATH it's watching for completed torrents, or the path it's going to copy the data to?

What if I only want ONE label's contents to be copied (instead of all torrents that are completed? Is this possible?

Robin

Postby Robin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:58 am

Sorry for late response, haven't been active between Christmas and new year :) Let me try to answer your question. As for my understanding now, its not possible to only copy content for a single label to a different location. It will copy all completed downloads. For me this is fine, because there always be files left to seed, and I can move away to copied content. Maybe you can ask the creator of the plugin for such feature to be added.

There is indeed 1 path, in my case set to: I:\Deluge\Copied

If no label is applied a completed torrent will be copied to: I:\Deluge\Copied\Torrentname

If a label is applied, the completed torrent will be copied to I:\Deluge\Copied\Labelname\Torrentname

For above to work you need to enable the 'Append label' option which you can check beneath the path setting.

Does this answer your question?

seanvree
OS or Distro: windows

Postby seanvree » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:13 am

Right, the main issue is that copy complete won't know if it's a .rar file or an file that was downloaded from deluge that wasn't in an archive to begin with, so if you have copycomplete move the (based on label) data into a folder that extract now is watching, the problem there is that extract now will extract it, but then you'd have to delete all the files that weren't in a rar file to being with.

Right?

Make sense?

Robin

Postby Robin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:17 am

Well, it actually does not matter if copycomplete copies archived files or not archived files. Because Couchpotato and Sonarr (after extract by extract now, or when it immediate finds video files) move the files to another location and delete all the leftover files. If extract now runs, it will delete all the archived files by itself. I never have to delete the copied files by myself.

Robin

Postby Robin » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:59 am

For those interested, I recently stopped using CouchPotato as my movie download manager, i'm using Radarr instead.

FVGAZI

Postby FVGAZI » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:09 am

[quote="Robin"]
The flow:
1. CouchPotato and Sonarr add torrent files into a specific folder - means using blackhole as download option, there is no other way for now.

Wut?!
I've been using Sonarr and Radarr just fine with deluge as the set download client.
In fact I use deluge with Sonarr and extractnow and that's it.
Not sure why you had to go and make such a complicated setup?

Robin

Postby Robin » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:47 am

Hey FVGAZI,

Thank you for your reply. I know there are other download options available that work fine, depending on what your requirements are.

With your setup, are you able to keep seeding till a specific ratio and once ratio is met, all leftover files will be removed? All done automatically?

If so feel free to explain your config more so I and others can learn from it.

Return to “Windows OS”