Get the windows navigation?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
ZeeZeeZaa
New User
New User

Get the windows navigation?

Post by ZeeZeeZaa »

Hello,

When you open a file/folder Deluge uses the clunky style of navigation linux uses (breadcrubs instead of navigation bar you can copy/paste, no favorites for 1 click access, and all HDDs, CD's, usb drives and NAS drives in one ugly unsorted list). Every time I try to switch to deluge I tend to use it until I get frustrated enough by this 'style' of navigation that is way slower and requires far too many clicks while navigation my directories. There are also other ugly issues with this style (like unable to save in a shortcut folder). The entire thing is a mess.

Is there any settings and/or pluggins to resolve this?
willieaames
New User
New User

Re: Get the windows navigation?

Post by willieaames »

In Preferences -> Interface and disable (untick) Classic Mode and Restart deluge .
ZeeZeeZaa
New User
New User

Post by ZeeZeeZaa »

I am not sure how that is supposed to help? When I tried it, deluge appears to be the same once I connected to the deamon. It is still using the linux style navigation menu.

I am not sure if this is something a plugin could fix, some of the documentation links gives me a 404 error (and I dont know python anyway).

edit: Actually python seems simple. Looks like this may be possible using the following (I will try to make this work in a plugin tomorrow):
import tkinter as tk
from tkinter import filedialog
file_path = filedialog.askdirectory()

Right now the biggest issue is I need python 3.x, and it seems deluge is using python 2.x and askdirectory() is even more useless then the linux method in python 2.x :P
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

The UI is written for GTK so that is the file browser, nothing to do with Python itself. For navigation and bookmarks see below:
Selection_037.png
Selection_037.png (37.14 KiB) Viewed 5603 times
The unable to select a shortcut folder is clearly an oversight by GTK developers.
ZeeZeeZaa
New User
New User

Post by ZeeZeeZaa »

The UI is written for GTK so that is the file browser, nothing to do with Python itself.
I know its not pythons fault for the navigation in deluge, I was just hoping there was a python solution. My problem is the "filedialog.askdirectory()" in python 3 is 100% what I want (modern way to navigate), while the "tkFileDialog.askdirectory()" in python 2 is the old (it reminds me windows 95/98) method.

O well, on the bright side I am glad I found python (in many small ways I already see how it can be better than php). I plan on using it for a few of my projects.
For navigation and bookmarks see below:
Thanks for the screen, but I have already been using the manual path. I often have to open a folder on windows, navigate to my path so I can copy/paste it into deluge (which quickly gets tedious). As for bookmarks, that doesn't really help me as I got my folder structure mostly setup with shortcuts which point to different HDDs.
RagavKumar
New User
New User

Post by RagavKumar »

the best is to dig into the Interface and disable (uncheck) Classic Mode and Restart deluge.